Neurology Community
Leg Cramps

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Leg Cramps

Everytime I walk a little ways, both legs just above the outside ankles start cramping.  I am not sure why, Is it bad curralation or what.  She I keep walking and then will it work it self out?  I is there a problem that I need to be aware of?
Avatar n tn
Hi.

Do the cramps disappear when you rest it and does it start again when you walk for a while? Are there any other symptoms such as back pain, etc.?

Although some neurological conditions can present with leg cramps, if your answer to the above questions is yes, your condition may be more cardiovascular than neurological. You could be experiencing claudications.

Claudication is basically a circulation problem that arises during exercise and is most often a sign of peripheral arterial disease. It a potentially serious condition but is treatable. Initial management would be some lifestyle changes such as stopping smoking, exercising regularly and managing your cholesterol levels by diet modification.

You should consult your physician as soon as possible for a more proper assessment of your condition.

Good luck.