Leg/Shin Muscle Numb
3 weeks ago I noticed that the muscle in my left leg next to my shin was/is completely numb. It feels like it was injected with novocaine.  It is not causing me any problems walking or exercising or causing any pain.  Nevertheless, it disturbed me so I went to a neurologist. I received an MRI (no problems except minor disc bulgin) and had a nerve conduction study/EMG which showed everything to be completely fine.

The neurologist told me to just wait 3-4 months, see if it gets worse/better, and come back to see him.  I feel like this is too long to wait considering that an entire section of my leg is numb.  

Do you have any other ideas of what could cause this problem?  Should I get a second opinion?  I am an athlete and this makes me nervous.
hi, i have the same problem, no better after 3 months, had mine for 8 months now. I too am athlete, interesting.
The numbness may be caused by the disc bulge. Other causes may be injury, toxic nerve damage due to heavy metals and organophosphate poisoning, vitamin deficiency, side effects of medications, improper blood circulation, nerve compression by infection, tumours or scar tissue. I would suggest you to go for an MRI of the pelvic region as well as the leg if the symptoms persist. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  

I'm having the same problem.... I would like to know if your numbness went away on it's own?
Confused and nervous....