Aa
A
A
Close
Leg and groin pain at night
My mother is 75 and suffers from severe leg cramps from her feet all the way up to the top of her thigh. She also has groin pain and can no longer sleep on her right side. All of this happens at night only. She's seen many doctors including a neurologist who thinks it's a neuropathy. I'm afraid that this might be something else like a pre-stroke or heart attack.She has high blood pressure and is on medication, but it's still always borderline. She has also stopped taking the diuretic because it seems to exacerbate her leg cramps. Help!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone going to respond?!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I'm sorry. I work at night and I went to sleep. I don't have the other problems that your mom has. I have not gone to the doctor yet, because our company insurance *****. I don't have leg cramps. When I find out more, I'll let you know. I don't take any meds regularly.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1093617 tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine her I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that she needs, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about her health concern.

Generally, muscle cramps are common in salt imbalance, circulatory problems, with certain medications, excessive cold temperature, whilst you are relaxed or resting, during or after exercise, or after sitting in an uncomfortable position. Most of the times, they are not related to any underlying disorder but needs checking out with a doctor to assess that your leg circulation and nerve supply are working appropriately. Meanwhile, I would suggest eat a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, vitamin E & zinc supplement, drink at least eight glasses of water in a day and avoid smoking. Hope this helps.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank