Neurology Community
Leg and groin pain at night
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg and groin pain at night

My mother is 75 and suffers from severe leg cramps from her feet all the way up to the top of her thigh. She also has groin pain and can no longer sleep on her right side. All of this happens at night only. She's seen many doctors including a neurologist who thinks it's a neuropathy. I'm afraid that this might be something else like a pre-stroke or heart attack.She has high blood pressure and is on medication, but it's still always borderline. She has also stopped taking the diuretic because it seems to exacerbate her leg cramps. Help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Is anyone going to respond?!
Blank
I'm sorry. I work at night and I went to sleep. I don't have the other problems that your mom has. I have not gone to the doctor yet, because our company insurance *****. I don't have leg cramps. When I find out more, I'll let you know. I don't take any meds regularly.
Blank
1093617_tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine her I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that she needs, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about her health concern.

Generally, muscle cramps are common in salt imbalance, circulatory problems, with certain medications, excessive cold temperature, whilst you are relaxed or resting, during or after exercise, or after sitting in an uncomfortable position. Most of the times, they are not related to any underlying disorder but needs checking out with a doctor to assess that your leg circulation and nerve supply are working appropriately. Meanwhile, I would suggest eat a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, vitamin E & zinc supplement, drink at least eight glasses of water in a day and avoid smoking. Hope this helps.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...