Leg muscle pain
I believe i have and have had Restless Leg Syndrome for quite a few years now. In the past have had unexplained bruises on my legs (mainly thigh area). The past weekend i worked out in the cold during the night shift. as i stood outside i could feel my shin muscles tightening. when i went to walk to my car i had full active charlie horses in both shins legs. at 4:00 am both legs completely cramped up and i couldn't move. I was unable to sit and needed to be placed into my car. I was unable to drive myself home. It is now three days later and i am still in lots of pain. Is this normal or is there a more severe, serious problem?
I have had Restless Leg Syndrome for 40 years and have never had any leg pain. RLS symptoms are when you get a feeling of creeping & crawling in your leg (usually at night when your relaxed and trying to sleep) the sensation is so strong that your need to move or tense the muscles for relief. I usually get up and do some exercises for 10 or 15 minutes to alleviate the sensation. I get the feeling in my arms sometimes too. I'm sure RLS isn't causing your symptoms.
Brigitte
I forgot to mention. the unexplained bruises I think are blood clots that have burst. I've had that before. Maybe the pain has something to do with clots in your legs?
Brigitte.