Leg pain after stents
I recently had two stents put in , one pelvis and one in the left thigh and am experiencing a lot of leg pain when walking.  This pain was not there before surgery and has really altered my nobility .  What is the cause of this pain and why?  Who do I need to talk to and what are my options?  Thanks, Janet M
Hi, Thank you for your question. Your symptoms could be suggestive of either some nerve injury or a pressure on the nerve after the stent placement. Another possibility in your case could be damaged the soft-tissues such as muscles or underlying skin. However, it is essential to clarify that nerve injury does not necessarily mean complete injury to the nerve and it may be either edema or some type of compression of nerve by a blood clot or scar formation. I would recommend you to see a neurologist who can evaluate the details of your case and could better determine the insight of your situation. Hope this helps.