Neurology Expert Forum
Leg pain during exercise

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Leg pain during exercise

I have occasional leg pain when walking. It is only sometimes present, occuring few times in a month.
Pain is tibial, anteriorly, simetrical, it increases with length of walking, my legs become weak in ankles, and i fell also increasing pressure in anterior tibial parts of both legs.
When I stop walking, pain is slowly decreased, throbbing,still lasting for a minute.
I am a bit overweight, but probably cause i have this leg pain, causing me to dislike walking and running, and i have also hypoglycemia attacks and i eat more.
I wish to know what could be the cause of my pain, and what to do to relieve it. Do not like to use NSAID.
First of all, keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you because I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes.
   The symptoms that you describe are most consistent with medial tibial stress syndrome (commonly refered to as 'shin splints').  This is most commonly caused by inflammation in the thin layer of connective tissue that surrounds the tibia (periositis).  The treatments include stretching prior to exercise, massage and rest.  More rare causes of your symptoms could be related to peripheral vascular disease (intermittent claudication) for this I would recommend an ultrasound of the arteies and veins in your legs. I would also recommend a muscle enzyme test  (CPK) to screen for possilbe myopathy.
I hope this has been helpful.
it's probably muscular in origin. this could come from tightness or weakness in different muscle groups.. you should lose the weight and see a good physical therapist familiar lower cross muscle imbalances.
You need a physicians evaluation. Could be phlebitis. No way to tell from your post.
A related discussion, Pain in Legs During Exercise was started.