Legs won't move
Please can someone help?  My legs started freezing up about a year ago to the point that I would fall backwards.  They started getting weaker and I had to hold onto furniture, my husband or kids to get anywhere.  Rising from a sitting position was horrible because I couldn't move my legs at all unless someone was there to get me going. Then if I walked outside it started getting worse around traffic or people.  Anything that would startle me would make them freeze up and I would fall.  Curbs and uneven pavement really posed a problem for me because I couldn't get over it.  They would just shut down...very wierd.  Finally it got to the point where I couldn't walk at all...my neurologist checked me for MS, MC, MD, and lots of other things I think.  He is stumped as well.  My legs don't hurt at all but my hands and feet have started to hurt some since all of this has started.  He gave me Baclofen which didn't work at all...then..after I gave him an article on stiffman's syndrome, he gave me valium and it worked in 15 minutes !!!!  What a relief...he still doesn't think I have it but I would really like to know what is going on so I don't have to continue taking the valium.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!
Did you find out what caused your problem?  Myself, I've had several back and neck surgerys.  Recently, I have experienced severe pain in my upper left leg and hip area unable to move my leg, and foot.  I'm unable to walk.  My, leg feels like it weighs 500 pounds.  It, really scares me.  Please, let me know if you got any helpful advice.
goodness!  they must have found the problem by now!  I hope your finding joy in your new reality!
Linda
my legs are the same way, if i do too much walking or even going up and down stairs they quit,  I am just standing in the middle of the room going nowhere, It started when i tripped in superstore and my knees got the brunt of it, but if I suddenly stop my husband gets my crutches which help some. and I have a walker to get me going, but it's frustrating not to be able to just get up and go.  you aren't supposed to tell your legs to move, that should be automatic.  But they are not good. And there isn't anything I can do to get them moving.. resting helps but they just start all over  again, so i know from whence you are coming from.
i have the same problem i can not crosss thee roads or wal on uneven pavements its very scarey i lost alll of my indepandce
I fell today. I closed the gate, after letting the dogs outside.  I locked the gate, turned around but  my legs didn't move, so I fell.  I hurt myself on my right arm.  There is a big purple knot by my elbow.  My left hip is hurting.  I fell Oct. 18, 2005 while  going to the bus stop.  The sidewalk was raised up and I did not see it.  I had to have someone help me up.  They wanted to call the ambulance. But I had no idea that today I still am in pain. I just started taking Baclofen 10MG three days ago.  Cyclobenzaprine HCL  was what I was using for over two years.   I had a lot of dropping things. Maybe I raised the amount that I was taking. I stopped dropping things. It didn't bother me until I dropped hot soup on my hand and it burned my hand. Then I knew there was a problem.  Medicare stopped paying for Cyclobenzaprine so I am or was taking Baclobfen. I left a message for the nurse.  Although  I  am in a lot of pain and some brusing hopefully I am no too hurt.