Leptomeningial Amyloidosis - is it always hereditary
My mom recently had a bleeding stroke.  The underlying cause is presumed to be amyloid angiopathy.  
Her recent MRI showed "multiple punctate foci of dephasing artifacts within a small region of subarachnoid space along the left frontal lobe.... which may indicate leptomeningeal amyloidosis (LA)."

Information on leptomeningeal amyloidosis seems to all about hereditary amyloidosis, but i can't tell if its always hereditary, or is that just one form of LA?

Thanks for any help.
Hi!
I have just answered it in expert forum, but if you are looking at this forum: Amyloid deposit in brain can be part of a systemic amyloid deposit (so apart from central nervous system there will be amyloid deposit in other areas of body as well), but if amyloid deposits are exclusively in brain and the above mentioned areas ( pia arachnoid and subpial area, and walls of leptomeningeal vessels) then it is hereditary, unless proved otherwise.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.