Neurology Community
Lermitt's sign

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lermitt's sign

Hello and thank you for joining me here.I wanted to a ask you some questions and would be grateful for your answers. I experience Lermitt's sign, since September 2012, a sudden feeling of electric sensation that appeared (for the first time) during a non stressing or exhausting day. Soon, I had an Mri (spinal and brain) which showed one spinal lesion not on the whole activated- as it said -  and nothing in the brain.I am 33 years old, my doctor hasn't diagnosed me (yet?), since he is waiting for another symptom.I don't know what it might be and since then always wondering.This situation has stressed me a lot and the thought of a possible demyelinating disease, such as MS, honestly speaking, frightens me. The lesion always leads to ms diagnosis or it could be only that - showing something else happening?Lesion may have other causes as well? Or if it turns out to be ms, lermitt'sign can be a prognostic sign as well (for good or bad progress of the disease)? I would like to add that i go through together with the electrical sensation every time i bend my neck a burninf feeling throughout me legs for the last five days.Could that be a bad sing concerning progress of the activation of the lesion or of the damage it has created? The doctor whom i spoke to after that, told me it's not because of the creation of another lesion. I would be so grateful if you gave me answers since everything became so ''blurry'' and confusing after that bad experience i went through.Sorry of my possible linguistic mistakes!  Thank you !