Levaquin induced neuropathy?
I was given Levaquin 750mg qd for 5 days.  I am almost 67 years old.  Soon after the Levaquin, I developed Neuroathy in both of my feet.  My neurologist was surprised, and ordered all types of diagnostic lab work to seek an answer.  All labs were either wnl or negative.  Do you have any suggestioons for treatment or an answer to how long this will continue to occur.
I am a retired hospital pharmacist, and the neuropathy is disableing me.
Alice J
In rare cases Levaquin use has resulted in paresthesias, and weakness. There is no time that can be specified for which the side effect will persist. Please take good nutrition especially supplements of antioxidants (Vitamins A, C, and E) along with other vitamins and minerals. Taking Omega 3 fatty acids and capsule Renerve may help. Please consult the neurologist for management of the symptoms. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

I heard there was a class action lawsuit against the pharmacueticals that make Levaquin, so you might want to check into that if you don't get any better.

Thanks,

Karen
Thanks s much.
The last time I checked the attorney was not accepting any more cases
I am not a big fan of Levaquin, which has some very serious side effects, however I would also suggest you get an hbcA1c test for diabetes before jumping to conclusions. Alpha lipoic acid supplements are helpful and you might consult your physician about using a medical grade dilute solution of DMSO which is a very powerful anti-oxidant and antiinflammatory. The DMSO treatments are controversial and you might want to review the material on the net before making a decision.