Light on inside my head. Migraine? Neurological? Neither?
Years ago I was dignosed with migraine except I didn't get bad headaches, in fact I didn't even always get a headache! What I did get was nausea and a horrible sensation of flashing lights inside my head. They weren't coming from my eye because when my eyes were opened I didn't see the lights but as soon as I closed my eyes there would be this persistent flashing light, mainly white inside my head. It was horrible.

Anyway, it disappeared and then I only got it occassionally, mostly (maybe always) as a response to anxiety. Then hardly at all since being treatedfor bipolar.

Last night though, I was so tense and uptight. Then about midnight went to bed but every time I closed my eyes it was like someone had put on a bright white light.Not flashing, just like the room light was on but only if my eyes were closed. I felt very anxious and just wanted to go to sleep but this bright light persisted, but only when my eyes were closed! I couldn't sleep with my eyes open! It lasted quite a while and I eventually got up and lay on the sofa. I don't remember the light going, just me wakening up in the morning rather cold on the sofa

Anyone know what this is? I am hoping it is a one off.