Neurology Community
Lightheaded, brain fog...Not right

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lightheaded, brain fog...Not right

Hello everyone, 25/M

About a year ago I began experiencing some strange sensations which I sometimes have trouble finding the words to describe, but their presence is definitely there regardless. In a nutshell my symptoms seem to be fatigue, lightheadedness, "brain fog", trouble focusing, numbness and generally just feeling disconnected. I'm "not there" so to speak, both physically and mentally. I can still function in my daily life, but doing anything that requires real thought (including conversation) is very hard sometimes and it's sort of like my mind and body have been numbed and covered in novocain. I feel stoned and like things just aren't really hitting me so to speak. There are times when it's hard to even focus my eye sight on anything, as all my eyes want to do is drift off and blankly stare in to the middle distance while my head shuts. I'm like a zombie and talking to people is like struggling through improv. It doesn't feel natural and life is sort of like reading the words out of a book and understanding what they mean, but not quite having them quite connect. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, or that I'm not even a real person...but again, it's hard to describe. I also have fatigue, which hits me very hard toward the end of the day (along with dizzy spells) and all I want to do is crash in my bed when I get home from work. I've also suddenly developed large bags/circles under my eyes over the last year, but I'm not sure how that could be related.

I've had every type of bloodwork done which all came back normal as did my EEG. This has brought me to the conclusion that it has to be something "mental" as opposed to physical, but whether that's anxiety, ADD, depression, depersonalization, post traumatic stress disorder or something else is hard to say. I tried taking Lexapro for a short while which may have helped a bit, but I stopped about a month in since it completely killed my libido and that wasn't even remotely acceptable to me.

Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms? Is this all in my head or are there physical disorders that can result in these feelings? My only other lead is that I started feeling this way shortly after I moved in to my new apartment, so it's possible there's some sort of mold that's making me have problems. I also feel somewhat better when I visit my parents out of state for a week, but that could very well just be in my head or a result of lessened anxiety...Who knows. I just need help and I honestly don't know what else to ask.

Hi, u didn't mention headaches so I will assume u do not have ne.U said u had blood work done...did u have ur thyroid checked as well as ur vitamin B12, nad D levels...also magnessium and potassium.

Some of the low levels of minerals and vitamins can cause some of the symptoms u describe.Please see ue dr to be sure u r replacing the right vitamins and minerals....at the right doseage.

Did u mention to ur dr about the move?....if there was new carpet...sometimes there is an odor from the chemicals used in the making of the carpet.

See ur PC again and explain all to him/her.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
No, I don't have headaches...which seems to rule a lot of things out I guess. I've had my thyroid checked and it came back normal and I take a multivitamin.
I do understand how you feel dear.I have been feeling also so strange for almost 7 months now,I was having trouble in my head-->HEAVINESS and Slight Dizziness to be exact. I can perform my ADL's but still deep w/in I know something is wrong. had a lot of tests (ECG, blood chems,CT scan, cervical xray) though and all revealed a normal result.I consulted an internist, an optha,ENT and Neuro.They said I am healthy.Nothing is wrong.Still I am not at ease.In your case, Just relax and consult a physician.Whenever I am feeling unwell,I usually surf the net and look/research for my symptoms and guess what?Definitely I end up being paranoid and I feel like the things I saw in the net is already manifesting into my system.*****:)Anyway, I just wanna say that if all the tests revealed a normal result, there is nothing to worry.You are healthy.Good Luck to us.
Hi.
Your symptoms and observations are close to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity symptoms.Please follow Dr.Sherry A.Rogers,M.D. protocol in her book Detoxify or Die
ISBN1-887202-04-8;
What is mUltiple Chemical Sensitivity SymP?
thank god i found u. i have brain fog. always.i feel stoned all the time. so i smoke weed to give me a reason for y i feel like this .i live in a dream state all the time. i look at my hands while im working and wonder how their doing what their doing.am i doing it or what. u have anxiety.try lorazapan.my voice doesnt feel like mine.im a mess .i always feel like im in turmoil.and somethings wrong. dont let others tell u your crazy. we will b laughing when they get it ,and they will.
HI...I saw that u take a multi vitamin...that doesn't mean u could have a low level od B12 or D...if ur body is not absorbing the suppliments correctly it can cause a problem....and the items I mentioned were because u did not mention headaches....low levels of vitamins and minerals can cause dizzyness and numbness....brain fog too.

I hope u find the answers soon!

Godspeed
"selma"
Hi,I am a 40 year old healthy female with onset of the exact same symptoms. It is very hard to explain. Lightheaded? Maybe. But not faint. Feeling  high is how I to desribe . I Feel weird. disconnected. Symptoms are always there but elevate with activity. Even light activity. Conversation can increase the feelings. Things just dont look right, I to have felt I am going crazy. I do not believe it is caused by anxiety or depression, i think it is causing me anxiety because its always there And every test was negative. I had MRI.EEG,MRA, CAt scans, ECHO blood work.. you name it. Today I did get my vitaminD checked  and it is very low. What that means. Right now I do not know. I AM  NOT DIZZY as people want it to be. I feel for you and I am glad to know other people experience this because it is scary. I went to an endocrinologist today and she did ask me about carpet, new floors, new move anything new. You should definilty consider the move. My symptoms have been going on for 8 wks solid and on./off  for a year.  I feel disconnected as you but I do not have the fatigue. at least I think I do not. I work 10 hours without issue and I am in the medical field. i see patients all day. I am not going to stop until I figure this out. It has to be physical to be daily. I am open to the idea of mental but what? A drug can make you feel better but that dooesnt mean its from depression. I have never been depressed. a little moody.. Yes.... I will keep in touch. I am starting a Vit. D supplement. Have you had your neck looked at? You should,Could be a a cervical vertigo type thing without the dizzy feeling. i have had my necked worked on 3 or 4 times and Im not posiitive yet but i felt less spacy, high and disconnected the next day.  Try it.. You need a awesome physical therapist for that.  It gets old trying to explain it. IThats what I call it. IT.. ITS always there...are your eyes sensitive to light. Mine seem to be.  I feel like I have a loose circiut in my brain. Its like watching a TV that is slight slight staticy all the time.  Question. If you close your eyes can you feel it?  or can only sense it with your eyes open?  IM curious.. Let me know

Speak with you soon,
TLS
I forgot to add. Those darks bags. I got em to. weird we both have that. Its pretty isnt it??

TLS
Ok, i have literally had the exact symptom of you, i lose my train of thought, i feel like im in a sort of a dream world thats hard to explain constantly spacing out, i dont know how i get work done and somehow i get through the day. Every now and then i will get a sort of pass-out sensation that is hard to explain...im scared that i will just fall over. It all started the day i got back to school after i had flu A. i took an inhalant medicine called relenza, idk if that did it or it was the upper-respitory flu that did it. I also just realized that we added a new room to the house which may have contributed to it.......any suggestions??
Look up Meniere's Disease...sounds like it to me
You described how I feel better than anyone else I have heard.  I will only add that my mind sometimes seems to turn over, or roll, as if it is trying to go into REM sleep while I am technically still awake (thats how I think of it anyway..I am a deep deep sleeper). Its the sensation in my head of having a vivid dream only I am awake and I can't concentrate in my surroundings.  Unfortunately I have MS. But your symptoms could be caused by anything.  When you get to the doctor's consider asking him about whether or not it'd be beneficial to you to try Provigil.  It's prescribed for a ton of various conditions and although no one is sure exactly how it works, it has helped me significantly. I don't feel jittery or high, I just feel awake, alert, and normal.  Good luck!
I have these same exact symptoms and I am only 14...it seems to have started 2 years ago when our family added an addition and finished the basement of our house. Most of the people in this forum seem to have that one thing in common. Very odd.
Has anybody had any success with this? I have this "high feeling" for 2 months now and am desparate for answers- have had to withdraw from school, please help.
Have had similar symptoms for years now.. The same "dreamy" spaced out feeling.. Ad it since I was 16-17, right after my family moved to a new city.  I don't feel tired at all.  No headaches.  Just feel like my mind is spaced out and as much as I try I can't force it to fully focus, to the point where I feel claustrophobic.. It's horrible.. going through the day on autopilot at the moment, desperately seeking answer
You all have depersonalization.

Get help.  You can get better.

http://www.**********.com/forum/
I know this is old but maybe you still check this... I have had your exact symptoms for 3 years now.. Tons of time and money later all they ever found was vit c defficiency. I've been taking vit d for a week now keeping my fingers crossed... You ever find anything???
after 2 weeks of working out eating healthy standing long hours ( i was leaning to 1 side at the  time ive noticed ) protien shakes around 1200 cals a day or more.... also 4 Ls of water  a day  ( exercises include  6 min abs bike riding  dumbbells sqauts and palaetes ) also abdominal massages to try loosen up the abdominal fat ( i am skinny )   i noticed  the left side poking out alot more then the right side  next to the belly button... i thought   :o ab!!??? then i realised no swelling... with a dul pain that radiates  sometimes down to my  hip bone  
im having a masive anxiety attack over this or its real ? first thing i thought was stomach cancer ? small intestine cancer ?  then i thought  i dont wanna tell my parents this and stress them out  first dr  said its normal just the intestine that moves i gave it  4 weeks with no exercises  
it was still there the 2nd  dr said  its abnormal but i shouldnt worry and relax come back in 2 weeks so i did so now he said he cant feel nothing while the abdominals have  swollen... ( it goes up and down )   after all of this im due for scans tomorrow wich freak me out making me  wanna just  sleep and not worry but i cant  cause i dislocated my arm for the 2nd time and cant sleep proper
ive also cleaned out a house im doing up to set for ppl to rent out  and there was mice feccies if theres any diseases in that ??
but the drs think im mad and no1 cares  
does anyone have any idea what this could be ??????( the dr also said while examined its not a hernia or a ceptic ulcer )

tomorrow i get an ultra sound and i wanna spew up
im scared that if they find something ill have to sneak it around my family and get it all done
also my arms dislocated the  other day and im now feeling like im broken  
this *****

after dislocating my shoulder 5 days ago ive been having a light head  and its driving me insane... anxiety attacks  
i keep thinking its a blood clot or something worse
does anyone know ????
I do get alerts when someone contacts me. I have made progress.  60-70% better. I believe some of my symptoms are the result of Adrenal fatigue/failure.  Which is not yet Adddisons disease thus NO DOCTOR will diagnose you bc according to bloodwork you fall within range. even if it by a hair.  anyway... long story. If you want further info let me know and i will fill you in on muy road since 1/2009 and How I progressed with MY OWN health... I understand what you are going through
I have had many of the same symptoms.  About a year ago, I began having very severe tinnitus in both ears.  This was soon followed by a sense that "something was wrong" and I just "wasn't right."  I can't say that I am dizzy, but I have some lighthead feeling most of the day.  This is associated with a feeling that I'm a little bit off balance all day long.

I have had blood tests and all sorts or other tests to include body scans.  The only thing that they have found wrong is a very low level of Vitamin D.  I am now taking this to see if something changes.  I've only been taking it for about a week and I haven't noticed anything quite yet.

My other symptoms include sweaty palms and a slightly swollen tongue.  Vitamin B12 levels are normal.  Have purchased some allergy medicine and some Melatonin tonight to start trying and I have my fingers crossed.  I also am getting very dizzy in confined areas (like a museum or aquarium) where there is a lot of motion.  

I have been a helicopter pilot for many years and I have lost some of my mid range hearing.  I can't help but think that this has something to do with everything.  

Please contact me if you can offer any information.  Thanks.
I might also add that I am a retired pilot, lol...
Hi guys,
I come from Germany and I have the same bad and weird feelings like described at the top. I have an overgrowth of Candida in my digestive system and probably as well in my stomach, "nose" and mouth.
PLEASE google for candida and its effects on the human body and mind. You will be surprised that even MS can be a result of candida overgrowth. The mother of my doctor´s had , I can´t remember MS or Parkinson. After  Candida was removed and her body  "healed" even the MS or parkinson went away!!!
I forgot to tell how I am feeling now. Well still my depression is quite heavy. But the doc found out 4 weeks ago and the treatment is now going for 4 weeks. My sister had the same problem and it took about 5 months until her body recovered remarkeable. But she recovered and is completely changed.
Please read my comment. Often when Candida grows it causes your intestine to "blow up" (sorry im German and my English is not the best ;) )
You are wrong!!! The doctor´s told the same to my sister!!! They just said: "Take anti depressiva and go to a psichologist."
BUT, the only thing where Candida in her intestine and after 5 months without candida, her brain and the rest of her body recovered and she is like a new being after several years of harsh depression!
Please think before you post such unsensitive statements in a forum where suffering people talk about their suffering!!!
sorry my last post should have been a reply to :

clay196 Jan 30, 2011
All of you described my symptoms...it is an all day thing..I think there is something in the air turning us into zombies...The only thing I can think of is to start eating right.. I have been reading a lot of comments and looking up possible causes. I want a healthy natural way of fixing how I feel, I do not want drugs. So I will begin to eat right and see how that goes. I feel better that I am not the only one going crazy with these symptoms. Thanks for starting this post.
I too have had all of these symptoms that many of you have mentioned. It has been over 10 years now for me. I have had all the tests that a lot of you have endured, but have found nothing physically wrong with me. Has anyone else had success with a candida cleanse for alleviating the light headed, fatigue, and brain fog feeling that we are all experiencing ? Please let me know...
this is very important as a lot of people and doctors do not think outside the box i believe that chemical imbalance can be detected at birth when the heal test is done as a baby why a chemical balance test is not done is beyond me .the information from people like yourself should be food for thought and again thak you for this. chris
Dear Presley,

Can you please fill me in? I think I might be suffering from adrenal fatigue/failure and would really appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Lise
Same here. I hoped to find some anwers because my life is miserable. I just had my second daughter and I initially thought it was sleep deprivation (my first daughter wakes up during the night and early in the morning).
problem is that even if I manage to sleep 8/9 hours, I feel "outside", my eyes are "lazy", my ears are buzzing (not always).
It feels like someone wakes you up in the middle of the night with a cannon.
I have exactly same problem as yours. its already 4 years...but now i think its bit better..i fell like stranger to my body.at certain point i felt like i'm inside a robot...sometimes, i wonder "who i am".it's like i'm inside the body and used it...like a spirit inside a body.it's like my brain does not have a proper connection with the body or sense...my eye hard to focus on thing..just like you say, my eye just drift away....its hard when driving a car...very dangerous because its become not alert...i fell like my brain is floating ...numb.... its hard to remember anything when study or at college...always easy to fell tired..sometimes, i also had a sharp pain inside my ear drum... but, from my opinion, i thing this is cause from lack of exercise, eating habit ( lack nutrition ) and stress/depression... all, i want to say is, go outside, and have a fun with yours friend and also have a healthy live style.. for my , conclusion, brain is a tricky thing in this world that need us to deal with...( f__k you brain....lol..;D)
that is exactly what i feel. that also happened to me when i smoked weed, which i dont do anymore. but i hate the feeling cause i feel like im going to faint and my hands start getting sweaty and its just horrible
I have also been feeling this way for the past 8 years or so... experiencing the following:

Here’s a list of symptoms that I am experiencing on a daily basis now

• Dizzy, wozziness, off balance feeling
• Feeling spaced out all the time, like my eyes are in a daze
• Concentration is terrible, brain fog all the time
• Feeling of pressure in my head
• Eyes feel unfocused
• Eye floaters
• Eye pain (they feel strained and tension like headache across my forehead and into temple area)
• Light sensitivity
• After images (especially when reading off a computer screen… if I look away I will see the text faintly on the wall for example)
• Tinnitus
• Dull ear ache feeling off and on
• Ears sometimes feel like they need to pop
• No energy at all, feeling fatigued all the time, yawning all day long
• Chronic nasal stuffiness, nose always feels plugged, always clearing my throat
• Chronic stomach problems
• Muscle twitching, aches and weakness
• Headaches at base of skull
Hi im a 26 year old male, this is the first thing I've found which actually explains how I feel!! Has anybody found a cure for this as its been going on for a few months now and it's really getting me down! I'm trying to do everything right like exercise regular eat my 5 a day plus plenty of water etc etc
16 y/o female

Glad to hear other people have this as well, but sorry at the same time-it's like a nightmare, I know.
I'm having to drop out of school as well, currently doing A Levels-hoping doing an apprenticeship might help as something more practical...? I just know that it is hopeless trying to study. I hear others are having to drop out of education as well due to this. I wish it was taken more seriously because clearly this is a really debilitating thing.

I have just had the worst day I can remember having-have felt totally disconnected, like living in a dream world, just going through the motions-my one goal has been just appearing totally normal and fine, although I'm not sure why I'm always so determined to keep up this facade. I feel like I have just lost an entire day of my life, it's horrible. I just want to snap myself out of this.

I've told my counsellor about this "depersonalisation", but, as always happens when I describe this symptom, she doesn't seem to take it too seriously yet, although I've only had one session with her so far. I just can't convey to people who don't suffer with this just how terrifying it is. I'm constantly *thinking*, over-thinking, analysing my thought processes... I am ALWAYS thinking in an existential way, questioning whether I "exist" and panicking and getting upset because I don't feel like I used to.

Eurgh. I just wanted to say, though, it's probably worth remembering that trawling through the internet with a list of vague symptoms like "feeling disconnected" and then gradually getting more and more freaked out can sometimes really make thngs worse (I know, I do it all the time-I'm doing it now ¬¬). I guess being calm is what helps.
I just want to get back to normal :/

has ANYone had any success AT ALL with this?!
I'm really desperate for some answers here.
I know the same feelings, especially the question if i exist and my past is MY past. Really freaky. Also the dizzyness and the disconnected feeling.
Well my past wasn´t one of the easiest. I was born in Africa, lived there for 9 years and half a year before we came back to Germay my father died really suddenly with noone even expecting. both the moove from the nowhere in africa to Berlin and the death of my father beamed me out of this world(in feelings).
This is some of the mental part of it. This always being unsecure with noone to run to thinking in existential ways like: Will we be able to live in Germany without my father. s.o.

Now the "physical" part. After researching a lot a doctop had an idea: Due to antibiotics over a long time my intestine got messed up. so the theory.
well, he searched by a special method for antibodies in my blood. And surprise surprise! there was a huge amount of intolerances found, almost everything i ate a lot in the past. I really was sceptic in the beginning... I always am with such things. But i thought just give it a try.

Well now it is about 7-8 month later and my over all condition is really getting better. Not 100 %, not 70 % but about 50- 60 % i guess ;)
(i think a human is not capable of 100%. Its a lie of our society making us to "robots")

But im also working on my problems. On my past. On my anxieties. I discovered that if you fear something you start to feel like it after some time or immediately which makes it hard to put in the right place. E.g. if you fear being raped, you start to see in every one at night potential rapists. Or if you fear "monsters" in a dark forest you feel like there is already one behind you. If you fear not existing, you already FEEL like youre not existing. Those feelings can be very disturbing but one can learn not to listen to them and know the truth behind it: you exist.

Im a christian and the thing that helped me a lot was realizing that i cant get out of this on my own. I have no security in getting my own live to work by my own. There are so many things i can not controle!!! Even trying to believe in Jesus was like a thing i could never accomplish. Then i realized that he is the one giving me hope and believe in him. The only thing that can confince me of being saved and loved is not by me doing something, but by god choosing me/us to be his children. At this point a lot of stress fell off of me. I have found the secure place to go. I am not the victim of my faults because he loves and holds me whatever will come. Great hope :)

I also go to a therapist and talk a lot with my pastor.
My advice is: go to Jesus. Get people whom you can trust and talk a lot with them. Sport. A doctor for your intestine. A therapist.

Work on your body and your "soul". I think only doing something for one of these parts isnt going to help that much.
I am a 25 yr old female. Ive been having these same symptoms for almost 6 months. Ive been tested for thyroid, STDs, Lyme, Vitamin D, Vitamin Bs, Liver/kidney function and the only thing that came back not normal (21 when the range should be between 40-80) was my vitamin D. My doc put me on 2000IU a day with daily vitamin+supplement. She retested me after being on it for 2 months and it only went up to 28. She doesnt want to up my supplement but I did it anyways. I am taking 7000IU a day right now and have been for about a week now and dont feel any better, but was told it can take time. I was convinced for almost a month that I had neurological lyme disease but my doctor will not treat me with doxycyline because me western blot tests came back negative (no bands at all for both IgG and IgM). Im hoping it is just the vitamin D deficiency. I am thinking about doing the candida diet for a month which also detoxes the body naturally which can help make you feel better. Everyone who is having mind fog should have their vitamins tested! When I first told my doctor about the brain fog, she kept asking me to describe it. I told her that is how I describe it.. my mind is in a fog. Hard time concentrating, i feel groggy/tired/out of it kind of like when you are sick.. she said it could be due to hundreds of things. I hope its not some serious underlying disease that will be left untreated for years.. we'll see how upping my vitamin D intake helps! Going to see a neurologist next week to have another doctors opinion. The only other thing I might try is an antidepressant even tho I do not feel depressed, just kind down and miserable because of this feeling of disconnection between my mind and real life.
Have you had an MRI? I have a lot of your symptoms and I just got diagnosed with pineal cysts in the pineal gland in my head. Ive done research and most says that these are not symptoms of pineal cysts, yet looking into forums and blogs, many people with these types of cysts have these symptoms as well as headaches/migranes, nausea, trouble sleeping. Just a suggestion! :-)
Is this thread still visited? I have something similar and I don't know what it is or how to describe it. Lightheadedness, disoriented, hard to concentrate, difficulty understanding people talking, sometimes it seems I can't process words which scares me. 26/female, my brain can't stop working now...it could be vision, I've had anisometropia my whole life, and was never really able to fix that. I have glasses, but it's hard to get used to them. The clarity from lenses can be equally unsettling. I really really hate having things in my eyes, contacts have always been too uncomfortable. I don't know! When it comes to vision, maybe laser eye surgery would be the only treatment.
With the lightheadedness, I am on medications so this could be a side effect of something. Unfortunately it's hard to figure out which one! For insomnia, I've gone down to just prescription Restoril. I slept better than I thought I would, but took longer to fall asleep. Better one medicine than five. I think I could adjust to it, it will just take some time. Perhaps the lightheadedness is just a result of poor sleep. Sleep doesn't restore me like it used to, I have a general little bit of fatigue no matter what. I gave up caffeine, I certainly don't drink with the meds I'm on, never smoked, sleep is still hard.

I'm in a treatment stage for eating disorders, so I stick to a regular balanced meal plan. I'll say on a path to recovery, just not there. You may have heard of EDs that are in recovery or a person is a recovered, I'm in the phase before that. If that's relevant. ED It took its toll in many other ways. This dizzy thing is recent.

Sorting out daytime medicines is harder. I have IBS and IC (think urinary tract infection always). IBS I put up with it, it's not good, but the interstitial cystitis is a huge interruption to my life. I tried the one prescription meant to treat this, and that had its own bad side effects. I found a regimen that works for this. Vesicare and Pyridium. These are two of the daytime meds, I really can't drop these. Same is true for my antidepressant. We have one that works and I don't like being depressed. That shouldn't be eliminated. I take Prelief as well, but this is totally harmless, just helps with the acidity of food. Borth control has never caused anything like this before. I gave up OTC pain medicines when I stopped having bad morning pain. Last is a multivitamin. I take Zofran or Zantac or Nauzene when I feel queasy or reflux. As needed medicines.

But all of these are medicines or conditions I've had or taken before the onset of this. There are a lot of them, but I just can't figure out the cause. It could be something else altogether.

It feels a lot like my mind trails too far behind...my body? I don't know. When I get this thing, there are times when I will see and hear things, but it takes several seconds to process such stimuli. Usually if someone is talking, at that point, they've moved on, so it's like I can't follow them not because I don't understand words, but because my brain can't quite keep up. This part isn't constant. Comes and goes, these are just short episodes. The lightheadedness, when it comes, really is constant and rest doesn't always help at all.

I will point out one incident, it's only ever happened once, but it was a week ago, so recent...I was working late and didn't get to sleep by midnight, those are rare nights. I got so drowsy at work in the morning that I almost fell asleep. I say almost just because I was still conscious, and aware, but what I did experience was kind of freaky. At first it was just that I'd close my eyes and get a very colorful show, just whirls of colors. My body seemed to fall asleep, I was still aware though. Then I got this sensation that my brain was vibrating. Buzzing, maybe. I felt it and heard it. I'm sure it was vibrating, that something else was happening, but when I gave up trying to fully fall asleep, the vibration didn't stop. I could put my hand on the top of my head and feel the shaking. It was gone in the morning, it just went into a terrible virus that took me out of work for the rest of the week :(

sooooooooo if anyone has any, any idea of what I should do now, please let me know! Thank you.
I have Meneirs disease and all the symptoms mentioned is what I experience.  It took almost 8 years for me to be diagnosed.  I was told that my symptoms are text book for Meneirs Disease.  Pretty scary and sad that no other doctor mentioned it as a possibility.  
I feel exactly the same way I am 25 years old and currently 7 months pregnant I had my first child at 22 and shortly after I would get these same symptoms one other thing was when I workout I find myself yawning and tired. I seem to be having more issues now probably because I'm pregnant again but of course all the doctor say test come back fine and its normal when pregnant but its not normal I feel out of my body I feel like my eyes are crisscrossing and I can't focus on anything it's very annoying in recently is causing problems at work because I can't focus I'm making mistakes on little things I also get dizzy or faint only thing that helps me is eating something small and the biggest thing is drinking Gatorade that's the only way I'll start to feel betterI haven't seen or received any answers on any of this but will talk to my doctor on Tuesday
I have the same symptoms many have posted.  I did the blood panel test, emg on my feet for loss of feeling. Everything negative so far.  Having MRI done on my brain next week.

One thing common that I have seen in other threads, I have had adrenal tests and my levels are extremely bad.  I think all of this correlates to years and years of abnormal stress and the adrenals fatigued.  fwiw.
Hello I am 23M...

I also experience similar symtoms (symptoms)..I even had worst episodes of Anxiety attacks...always feel Light headed and disconnected...At times I feel totally dumbstruck not knowing what to do next..but the next moment i ll start to carry on with my normal activites...My pc says that my Adernaline release from my Adernal glands are high...All my blood tests ECG everything is normal..apart from my heart rate which is really very high even during rest..I have discovered these symtoms (symptoms) for the last three months now...anyone who have experienced similar symtoms (symptoms) and have remedies for it please  reply...
I have been experiencing the same symptoms since early April.  What seemed to trigger it was I launched myself fully into yoga, and after two sessions I was experiencing so many head rushes and dizziness that I stayed home from work for a few days to rest.  I suspected Miniere's disease because I think I've had issues with that in the past, or possibly some sort pf problem with pinched nerves.  I suffer from days of dizziness and roaming numbness in my right arm and occasionally in my feet, some days of brain fog and concentration and speaking problems, and some days I have just the dizziness.  Sometimes the arm numbness reminds ,e of writing with a pen on a wall -if you don't hold the pen so the ink can flow, it runs out. My hand feels the same way... It tingles if the angle at my wrist is not pointing down.   My skin has also gotten worse -3-5 system acne flare ups at once, my eye sight is getting worse (like I need reading glasses to see what food I'm putting in my mouth) and I'm also experiencing the after images someone previously described.  I also have had occasional insomnia and gassy stomach immediately after eating... like getting super bloated and gas cramps, with no gas.  Some days are better, some days are worse.  I am sometimes actually better at work, and am usually worst if I'm tired or hungry.    

I am a 36 year old female and am relatively healthy but I do have scoliosis and my dad has anklyosing spondylitis.  I am a former smoker - I smoked for 15 years -but quit 5 years ago.  I used to drink 5 nights a week, but quit again, 5 years ago (when I was pregnant) and now only have 1 drink a week.  

So far they've done all the standard blood tests, including B12 and Lyme's Disease, and I did test positive on the ANA test (antinucleic antibodies), which can result in false positives.  MRI and MRA of head were clear.  Going to do another MRI soon of the neck to see if there is a bulging disk or some sort of artery problem.  

I will come back to the group and let everyone know of anything works.  So far my mother just keeps telling me I need more sleep.  My sister also had cystic acne for years and recently started taking vitamin D and has clear skin now.  I saw others mentioned vitamin D so maybe my skin is trying to tell me something.  I will buy some tomorrow!
I would love to talk to you about your health problems. I am experiencing the exact same things with no answers. Would you be willing to let me know what worked for you?  Thanks.
Have you gotten any answers? My situation mirrors yours almost exactly. I hope you're well!
(:
i am feeling same for four years,i just tested my vitamin D and vitamin B12 they are on low side hope this time i get this work for me.
i smoked weed and that really mest me up? it like mest up my neurons from my brain? the chemicals are imbalanced now ? i feel depressed that weed made me think alot? & im gonna see a therapist and see what they can help me in?
Thyroid conditioned can exasperate existing mental problems or even mimic mental illness.

Thyroid problem, both underactive and overactive, can cause mood swings.(OH Boy! can they!) An overactive thyroid may exhibit marked anxiety and tension, emotional liability, impatience and irritability, distractible overactivity, exaggerated sensitivity to noise, and fluctuating depression with sadness and problems with sleep and the appetite. In extreme cases, they may appear schizophrenic, losing touch with reality and becoming delirious or hallucinating. However the most common effect of an overactive thyroid is anxiety.

An underactive thyroid can lead to progressive loss of interest and initiative, slowing of mental processes, poor memory for recent events, fading of the personality's color and vivacity, general intellectual deterioration, depression with a paranoid flavor, and eventually, if not checked, to dementia and permanent harmful effects on the brain. In instances of each condition, some persons have been wrongly diagnosed, hospitalized for months, and treated unsuccessfully for psychosis.
In medicine, the key to choosing the best treatment is an accurate diagnosis. If the diagnosis isn’t correct, the treatment will be ineffective – or even cause harm.

Unfortunately misdiagnosis is common in the management of hypothyroidism. If you go to a doctor with hypothyroid symptoms, you’ll simply be given replacement hormones without any further inquiry into the cause of your condition.

Even worse, if you have hypothyroid symptoms but your lab tests are normal, you’ll be told you’re “fine”. If you insist you’re not, you might be sent home with an antidepressant, but no further clue about the cause of your symptoms.

The problem with this approach is that thyroid physiology is complex. The production, conversion and uptake of thyroid hormone in the body involves several steps. A malfunction in any of these steps can cause hypothyroid symptoms, but may not show up on standard lab tests. It’s incorrect and even negligent to assume that all cases of hypothyroidism share the same cause and require the same treatment. Yet that’s exactly what the standard of care for hypothyroidism delivers.

In this article I’ll present five patterns of thyroid dysfunction that won’t show up on standard lab tests. If you have one of these patterns, your thyroid isn’t functioning properly and you will have symptoms. But if you go to your conventional doctor, you’ll be told there’s nothing wrong with your thyroid.

A standard thyroid panel usually includes TSH and T4 only. The ranges for these markers vary from lab to lab, which is one of two main problems with standard lab ranges. The other problem is that lab ranges are not based on research that tells us what a healthy range might be, but on a bell curve of values obtained from people who come to the labs for testing.

Now, follow me on this. Who goes to labs to get tested? Sick people. If a lab creates its “normal” range based on test results from sick people, is that really a normal range? Does that tell us anything about what the range should be for health? (For more on the problems with standard lab ranges, watch this great presentation by Dr. Bryan Walsh)

The five thyroid patterns

01. Hypothyroidism caused by pituitary dysfunction

This pattern is caused by elevated cortisol, which is in turn caused by active infection, blood sugar imbalances, chronic stress, pregnancy, hypoglycemia or insulin resistance. These stressors fatigue the pituitary gland at the base of the brain so that it can no longer signal the thyroid to release enough thyroid hormone. There may be nothing wrong with the thyroid gland itself. The pituitary isn’t sending it the right messages.

With this pattern, you’ll have hypothyroid symptoms and a TSH below the functional range (1.8 – 3.0) but within the standard range (0.5 – 5.0). The T4 will be low in the functional range (and possibly the lab range too).

02. Under-conversion of T4 to T3

T4 is the inactive form of thyroid hormone. It must be converted to T3 before the body can use it. More than 90% of thyroid hormone produced is T4.

This common pattern is caused by inflammation and elevated cortisol levels. T4 to T3 conversion happens in cell membranes. Inflammatory cytokines damage cell membranes and impair the body’s ability to convert T4 to T3. High cortisol also suppresses the conversion of T4 to T3.

With this pattern you’ll have hypothyroid symptoms, but your TSH and T4 will be normal. If you have your T3 tested, which it rarely is in conventional settings, it will be low.

03. Hypothyroidism caused by elevated TBG

Thyroid binding globulin (TBG) is the protein that transports thyroid hormone through the blood. When thyroid hormone is bound to TBG, it is inactive and unavailable to the tissues. When TBG levels are high, levels of unbound (free) thyroid hormone will be low, leading to hypothyroid symptoms.

With this pattern, TSH and T4 will be normal. If tested, T3 will be low, and T3 uptake and TBG will be high.

Elevated TBG is caused by high estrogen levels, which are often often associated with birth control pills or estrogen replacement (i.e. Premarin or estrogen creams). To treat this pattern, excess estrogen must be cleared from the body.

04. Hypothyroidism caused by decreased TBG

This is the mirror image of the pattern above. When TBG levels are low, levels of free thyroid hormone will be high. You might think this would cause hyperthyroid symptoms. But too much free thyroid hormone in the bloodstream causes the cells to develop resistance to it. So, even though there’s more than enough thyroid hormone, the cells can’t use it and you’ll have hypothyroid – not hyperthyroid – symptoms.

With this pattern, TSH and T4 will be normal. If tested, T3 will be high, and T3 uptake and TBG will be low.

Decreased TBG is caused by high testosterone levels. In women, it is commonly associated with PCOS and insulin resistance. Reversing insulin resistance and restoring blood sugar balance is the key to treating this pattern.

05. Thyroid resistance

In this pattern, both the thyroid and pituitary glands are functioning normally, but the hormones aren’t getting into the cells where they’re needed. This causes hypothyroid symptoms.

Note that all lab test markers will be normal in this pattern, because we don’t have a way to test the function of cellular receptors directly.

Thyroid resistance is usually caused by chronic stress and high cortisol levels. It can also be caused by high homocysteine and genetic factors.

Conclusion

The five patterns above are only a partial list. Several others also cause hypothyroid symptoms and don’t show up on standard lab tests. If you have hypothyroid symptoms, but your lab tests are normal, it’s likely you have one of them.

Not only do these patterns fail to show up on standard lab work, they don’t respond well to conventional thyroid hormone replacement. If your body can’t convert T4 to T3, or you have too much thyroid binding protein, or your cells are resistant, it doesn’t matter how much T4 you take; you won’t be able to use it.

Unfortunately, if you have one of these patterns and tell your doctor your medication isn’t working, all too often the doctor’s response is to simply increase the dose. When that doesn’t work, the doctor increases it yet again.
Hi, I had this when I was younger on & off (lightheaded, disconnected, like a zombie), it developed into migraines. I found that phasing out citrus fruits & chocolate completely cured it. Maybe try going down the migraine route & start to phase out trigger foods. Worked for me...
Please tell me someone can tell me what this might be? I am a 15 year old boy (15 today) and I just couldn't really ENJOY my birthdadys / christmas like I used to. I have had this zoned out feeling for about 3 years now and it's just getting worse.. It seemed to all start after I attempted (and failed) at a thing called the passout trick, which when I look back on it is the most stupid thing I have ever done. But anyway this 'passout trick' consisted of breathing fast for a certain amount of times before holding your breath, putting your thumb in your mouth, the blowing on your thumb. I'm not sure if it is depression, It may well be but this might be the thing making me depressed? I have no clue what to do so any suggestions welcome! I have seen that alot of people on here have had low Vitamin D levels but haven't come back to tell anyone about their journey since then? Thanks in advance
I have been experiencing similar symptoms...I started noticing it when I moved into my apartment but at first it was just on and off but now a year later the symptoms have gotten much more severe and chronic. My head is numb and foggy all the time and at times filled with pressure.The numbness at time goes into my face. My eyes are red and swollen all the time and I find it hard to do anything sometimes I feel like I cant even get out of bed. I often have a dazed or inebriated feeling. But when I leave and stay someplace else after about a week it goes away and when I come back home the symptoms come back. I am not sure if I have some sort of poisoning like mold or pesticide poisoning.
Just thought I would pass this along...Check what fibers your rugs are made of.. I have heard of being alergic (allergic) to rugs... Someone had their rugs replaced and he was allergic to his new rug.   Soon as he replaced the carpet, his symtoms (symptoms) were gone.
Hope this helps...  
im not ever high, but i know the feeling your talking about. exactly
Hi,  I have ALL the same symptoms as you...have you found out whats wrong yet?  :)
black circles under eyes could be a magnesium deficiency-try a spray on oil as it is better absorbed through the skin. you may have chronic fatigue syndrome-a mitochondrial dysfunction.
I have been diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic Syncope. You should get checked for it. Although I am not back to 100%, being on the right meds has made a big improvement. Not to say I still don't struggle some days with the fatigue, but I am much more capable of doing daily actitivites I was struggling with. If your brain and heart are not regulating your blood pressure correctly, oxygen is not getting to your brain like it should. Thus, a lot of the symptoms. Look in to it. And best of luck. Answers are few and far to come by in our community.
You ever find a solution?  Please contact me: ***@****
Let's try this again.    dschovajsa  (at symbol) gmail   Dot   Com
Email me. I spaced it out above.

Please send me what fixed your:
Foggy brain
Fatigue
Slight constant headaches
Hard to Focus
Feeling weak

Been 2 years now. Still go to work and do all the things I love to do. Worst thing is being tired and trouble focusing at work.
Is it Candida? I'm sure that is what I have. I'm constantly in a drunk state. What did it end up being?
I have most of these problems mentioned by folks above.
I guess no body is getting better with anything or those who get better, they do not tell others what is that we should do to get better.
It is bad and getting worse for most of people like me.
Is there any one who have gotten better with anything?
Please answer!!!!!!
righttome at hotmail *******

Please answer!!!!!!
righttome at hotmail *******

look into carrick brain centre and upper cervical care especially nucca. itll cure all your symptoms
Hi MBArkestra, I have been to where you are now. I can understand that kind of foggy mind and light headed feeling and carry through a simple task may seems to be easy for others, but not for me and you. Where sometime, I do feel that it could be the environment issue with the house that caused discomfort to my body. And I do realise that sometime stay in elsewhere may seem to make the situation better. As then I observe my neighbour in the same block and my colleagues. It's seem that I am the problem. Because if it's the environment issue. We are all in the same environment but why just me. So I thought that maybe my body lack of some chemical. I tried herb, toxin drinks, vitamins etc. But nothing help. I was despair. Each and everyday of my life is constantly in a struggle and I even thought that I may as well be dead. I felt myself like a walking zombie. Life to me is struggle, and bored.  

Then one day, I met up with a church leader. I explained to her how I feel and all my thought. I even went to the extend of silent retreat where there will be a sister-in-christ guiding me. So they told me that my mind was struggling with some decision that I need to make.

I was in fact facing some situation.  I lost a four year relationship which I thought it's going to be eternity.  I went into anxiety which made the situation worst where I can't focus on work and at the risk of losing my job. And at the time, I desperately in need of the job because I brought a house and I need to have a job to secure my housing loan. On the other hands, I'm having a career dilemma as I'm working in the bank and doing part time real estate agent.

Wow. I didn't know how I manage to go through it. Life was like a lion can't wait to bite on me. So and I did all that I could. Slowly I came to realise that I have a decision to make as I know that I have a struggle with the things that I'm doing.

When my house came. I still working in the bank. So from there I went into a year of isolation. But althought I was behind closed door. I was busy working in life . I took a hard look on myself, my financial situation, my job, social life, everything as it involve of me.

I was feeling defeated, despair, helpless and loss.  I'm glad that I am seeing a counsellor.  She listen to my problem, encouraged me, she took care of my needs and my ego. But she never was a medicine that could cure me. She is an anchor that I lean on when I feel life is temper and toss.

Eventually, I left my job with few dollars. And went into real estate full-time. Guess what! I'm not succeeded. Lol. But I found out that I'm having issue with how I look at the world. It's my perspective. And I learned that sales is something I never want to do. And I felt struggle to meet my client's need - wanting to take my advise. I realise that I's lost that confident in myself and I couldn't present myself to the world again.

One year down the road. I'm struggling with my small little commission and some part time job I did.

Finally, I went banck to the bank. As I know that where my experience lies and I know that (it add on to my confident and ego). From where I am. I saw a number of colleagues where they are constantly struggling with themself. But they have not hit the max yet. I see myself through them as I found similarity. And so I learned about myself.  This where I am now.

Even I am still feeling how you are feeling but at least it much better. I'm much more confident and feel much more at ease even there's times I'll be struggling, defeated, despair . But I just learned to accept the feeling and process it slowly. And bring myself deeper into my inner-self and bring it to God with despair and humble (bless are those who are meek).

Maybe this is a stages of life that everyone will go throught. It's just a matter of time. And what pull one out, it's the perspective and time needed.

Not sure if I correspond with you. But hoping to share what I am going through be a little help to you.

God bless you.

All of this sounds like vitamin deficiency to me.  B12 can appear normal on a blood test, yet you can be grossly deficient.  I started shots 2 years ago and my body is vvvvveeeerrrryyyyyy ssssslllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy healing.  Also, sensitivity to certain foods and additives can also make you experience nervous system problems.  Wheat gluten, dairy, soy--they are all culprits.  Good luck.  The best to all of you...
Identical to my symptoms too the letter, wow. I mean wow! I thought that I was nuts. I was also diagnosed as having anxiety. Seeing psychiatrists, and still working on it myself. Good luck to all of you.
OMG!,.....i have the same exact symptoms! 100% of everything u said is how i feel,...im only 14 and this started for me a year ago i have allergies and i always have a stuffed up nose,...i suggest u try a saline rinse for they do help a little
I am 15 years old with the same symptoms for about a year and a half now. I'm scared cause what the doctors checked have been inconclusive and so my parents won't believe me. But it's there. Always. I also experience extreme tiredness and it's hard to get anything done, even taking to people. If u find anything out please post.
How are you doing now. I believe I may have adrenal fatigue.  I have the spacey feeling, word searching at times, difficulty concentrating. Let me know!
There is help!!!!  
Wish I would have run across this forum sooner. I experienced these problems about 8 yrs. ago after I got a root canal. I had all kinds of tests done--thyroid, MS, lyme disease, vitamin deficiency, etc. After absolutely no success with conventional medicine, I turned to homeopathy & started with the remedy sulphur which cleanses heavy metals from the body. After numerous remedies & a yr. later I was symptom free!! Thank God...I thought I was going crazy & I think the Drs. thought the same thing as they couldn't find anything wrong.  
Hey guys, I experienced the same symptoms too for over a week. The same lightheadedness, minor nausea, zoned out feeling, weakness, etc.

I got it right after a very bad sleep where I found out I could barely breathe due to nasal congestion (because I have nasal allergies). I just saw a doctor and he said he's only seen this symptoms from people with chronic SLEEP APNEA.

If you guys have that, go see a sleep and nose/ear/throat specialist to have a check. For Canadians like me, it's totally free. And even for Americans without health insurance, it's something to consider.

I hope this help at least some of you.
Hi everyone,

I am a 23 year old male who graduated college last spring and began working in a new location back in June.  I began having the following symptoms and they seem to be getting worse...

- Disconnected
- Living on autopilot, Living in a dream
- Feels like I'm walking on clouds, lightheaded
- Pressure in my head
- Struggle to comprehend conversations
- Zoning out, foggy brain
- Unable to concentrate
- Cannot focus eyes
- Loss of wittiness/ personality

It seems as though my life isn't real.  I notice it more when I am in meetings and even when I am just talking with people.  I seem so obsessed with trying to convince the other person that i am feeling normal that it makes concentrating on what they are saying even harder.  This made me think that I have social anxiety but I still have these issues when I am alone as well just to a lesser degree.

Things I have read that I think it COULD be: depression, social anxiety, Thyroid issues, Candida, Sleep Apnea, stress...

I have diabetes so my doctor feels that this is the cause so until I get my blood sugar under better control (which it isn't terrible right now but admittedly could be better) he won't try to prescribe anything or diagnose anything. My first step is getting this under control and going from there.

But anyways just checking to see if there's any more light on the subject. Like I said it has been getting worse and its really starting to affect my job and my social life as well.  Any further discoveries???

Encore--your symptoms sound like you may be going through a state which the psychology arena calls, "depersonalization" which is often triggered by stress. You've endured a lot of changes in a very short period of time, that can be very stressful, even though one doesn't think or feel like they are stressed out. Make sure that you are eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep & lay off the caffeine. Please read my post above about detoxing with homeopathy remedies. Could google Nux Vomica & Sulphur to start. Also; the cell salt, Nat. mur. has brought wonderful results for me after I experienced  grief or loss etc. (was it sad for you to finish college, move away from family & friends?) Hope this helps.
I almost felt slightly better just reading these posts.  I can't believe I didn't google this earlier.  Most of what everyone is describing has been my life for the last 15 months or so.  I wouldn't say full-on dizziness, but foggy, lightheaded at times, headrushes, spacey etc.  Some days are really bad, some not so bad, but the feelings are always there.  I feel like I'm not fully there.  Having conversations with people can be difficult as I don't feel as 'sharp' as I used to and have to mentally focus harder to interact at times, especially with those I don't know well.  I've had weird things trigger it to make it worse.  I was drinking water, took too big a sip and got that 'choking' pain in my throat and then everything went black on me for a second before I could see again.  Things weren't good for the next 3 weeks or so.  Now I've been feeling pretty bad for the last week again and I'm not sure what caused it this time.
I don't believe it's anxiety or depression as those aren't problems I've ever experienced before.  The only anxiety or depression i've been having has been related to these feelings not going away.  I'm also an extremely fit individual, and I eat very well so I don't believe it has anything to do with my fitness level and most likely not my diet.
I'm off to the Doc tmrw, but an not all that optimistic based on all these posts I have read.  The idea of acupuncture and hemeopathic remedies is intriguing and I'll have to look more into that.

PLEASE update this thread if you find ANYTHING that is helping with your symptoms.  It seems that these feelings are more common than I thought and it would be nice to find something that helps.
Not depression/ anxiety but stress yes. Try a heating pad with a wet wash cloth on the neck and shoulder blade area for 20 min and massage muscles after. Free and it seems to help lots. Hope you try it and it helps
I have had issues similar and they are diet related.  Mucous in the gut equals congestion in the head. Inflammation causes mucous in the system.  I would definitely try a cleanse (2 week min) where you eliminate most possible allergens and then re-add slowly.  Can be monitored by a naturopath or allergy doctor or you can do on your own. Many people have problems because of food intolerances they are not aware of. If I have beer or ice cream for example, my gut slows down and I wake up completely congested. A qualified naturopath will definitely consider diet as a cause for symptoms