Neurology Community
Lightheaded feeling all the time? 22 years old Male?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I recently had a weird feeling in my chest (palpitations) and thought my nose was going to bleed. That scared me enough to go to the ER. They ran an EKG which was a little abnormal, but the blood test and everything thing else came back normal. They told me to visit a cardiologist just to make sure. I did that and the doctor did another EKG (which still showed a little abnormality) but the sonogram and stress test all came back normal. He told me that my heart was fine, which gave me some relief, and that I may have high blood pressure. Ever since I had the weird feelings in my heart, I've had this persistence lightheaded feeling. It’s not debilitating but it has hindered my ability to have a productive day. I am a little sensitive to bright light and feel constantly light headed.

Recently when I get stressed my lightheadedness makes my head numb for a few seconds. I sleep fine but once I wake up I feel a little lightheaded. I am very scared I am dying from a tumor or heart failure, but the blood tests and heart tests all came back normal. Do you have any ideas on why this is happening? It usually comes whenever I am about to step outside (for work, shopping... etc.) and lasts the majority of the day. My parents say it’s just anxiety, but I’m not scared of anything except the lightheaded feeling. Should I see a physiatrist? Or a neurologist? What do you think? And has anyone else experienced this?

The night before this all happened I did have a birthday party (22 years old) and I did drink alot of alcohol and when I woke up my hangover did seem to have worn off, until the heart palpitations occurred the next night.
   There is definitely something wrong.  Sounds like to much alcohol it can cause you to be light headed and have a fluttering feeling in your chest be careful how you drink not to much at a time or none at all any other drugs that you mix with the alcohol this can be very dangerous some can and some cant drink and do drugs so be careful.  You could see a shrink or a md they will get you to the proper doctor.    
I wonder if it could be brought on by too much caffine or energy drink? No the less I think your post could better be answered in the Heart Disease forum. I'm going to request it is moved over there but if not here is the link where they may be able to better assist you. Best wishes, Randy

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Heart-Disease/show/72
im the very same i get scared all the time.its stress and anxety i get them worse sometimes when i drink to much i have that flutter and slow pumps of the heart sometimes i cant breath with it.the doctors are sick of me ha.i just got ecg and a heart monitor for one day and the nothing happened to me and the next day it did so tey got no trace of the flutters.i have alot of stress running around after five kids and cant cope with the feeling in me chest i will just keep annoying the doctors and find out whats causing them
I have constant lightheadedness too, been over 9 years now.  Iniatially it came and went away, then the times i had it were longer.  Now its an everyday thing.  Stops me from driving now, unless its just down to local shops.  Can't handle fast speeds.  Do you have trouble driving with it?
ps.  I try not to drink alcohol as it always is worse next day.  If I do it is best to stick to one drink only.  Also is worse at hormonal time of month, every month, weird??  Are you female or male??