Neurology Community
Lightning like discomfort in right top of head/scalp

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

A few days ago I was sitting reading and watching tv when I felt this strange sensation of moderate uncomfortableness/mild pain in the right top of my head. It was enough to make me flinch and be concerned but there was no severe pain. It seemed to me like it might be located under the scalp vs deep inside my head. The sensation seemed to be two separate but closely parallel pulsating streaks like lightening. This lasted only a few seconds then went away. I didn't have a headache, didn't notice any faintness, dizzyness, weakness or change in vision that I could tell. The next day I noticed a steady mild discomfort seemed to be present in my scalp/head alongside the temple just in front of my right ear. My ear seemed to feel some discomfort in it, almost as if I was getting an earache (which I didn't really get) and a feeling of fullness,  this feeling also continued on behind the lower point of the jaw joint and down into my neck, like where one might feel discomfort from a swollen gland. Today this sensation still exists and the skin of my face on the right in this same general area feels just ever so slightly numb and tingly, like the very beginning sensation you start to get after receiving a novacane shot. If I turn my head far to the right I can feel the uncomfortable feeling near my temple/ear and neck more. I also have some mild pain if I press moderately hard on the spot on my head that originally had the "lightning like" flashes of discomfort. The same is said if I press on the areas where I feel the discomfort along the temple/ear/neck.  Could this be caused by some sort of plaque breaking loose and traveling through an auricular vein?  I have not seen the doctor for this yet. I have an appointment on the 18th this month for my 6 month check up for Diabetes type 2; at my last check I was found to now be in the "prediabetic" range. I am taking Metformin 500 mg once a day, and Lisinopril/HCTZ 20/25 once a day for hypertension. My blood pressure has been in the nornal to high normal range but lately I have been under a lot of stress. I am 41, 5'7" and 305 lbs.  I plan on talking to the doctor about this head thing at my appointment but am wanting answers now incase I should try to get in sooner.