Long Term Mold Exposure
How long is "long-term mold exposure?"  I live in a Historical building (over 150 years old) and it was renovated in Summer 2009.  I moved into it in November 2009.  (Obviously it went through inspections to be sturdy enough and clean enough etc).  I have lived in my apartment for three years, and have had a "cold" since I moved in.  When the paint on my concrete walls were rippling and peeling and bubbling away from the wall, Spring of 2011, I knew something wasn't right.  After about four months of the bubbles and water stains on the wall, they finally fixed it.  However, when they tried to fix it, the wall broke!  It had molded and rotted!!  They fixed the one wall, so they say, but they didn't fix the whole wall, just the few spaces that made bubbles.  So did they really fix the problem?? Is there mold in the rest of the wall? IDK!  But then one of the walls in my bathroom began to ripple and bubble and stain the same way my bedroom wall did.  I tell my landlord and the maintenance guy says "the bubble is solid, so it's okay, there's no problem."  The took off the paint and repainted the wall.  A couple months later, it begins to ripple again.  I noticed a pattern.  It rippled more and more when it was raining.  I continually wrote maintenance requests about this, saying it was probably a leak in the roof.  But hey, what do I know?  I'm just a young blonde girl!! :( Six months go by before my landlord and maintenance ever care to look at it again.  FINALLY, someone came to look at it the other day and they tore a hole out the wall and said they took the mold out.  My biggest issue is, where else in my apartment is there mold?  I have had all the symptoms of mold over the last three years (and have gotten used to it).  My boyfriend, in the couple months that we have been together and him coming over all the time, he's had a cold, acid, digestive problems, and like everything else.  He says he's never sick, and hes got a super amazing immune system, and that all this is new to him and directly related to my apartment.  He can skip coming over for about a week and feel much better.  But anyway, how long is prolonged exposure to mold...??  I am guaranteed to move out in May, but what long-term side effects will I be looking at after living here for three years??  
To protect other tenants you should contact the health department. In fact you should have done so long ago. Probably the entire building has mold. There are treatments for you and you should take advantage of them so go to see your doctor.

And, by the way, sue the landlord. He has knowingly caused you and perhaps others to become ill. He has to pay for your recovery and any permanent harm he may have caused. So contact the health department PDQ.