Neurology Community
Long term side effects of Remeron
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long term side effects of Remeron

I took remeron for a year and stopped taking it 4 moths a go, now I continue to have some of the same side effects I had while on it. The side effects are a constant pressure head ache on the top of my head, loss of memory, less coordination, and sometimes confusion. Has anyone had a similar experience? Will these symptoms go away?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

Remeron is known to have long term side effects like muscle twitches, anxiety, dizziness, loss of co ordination. It is important to know if you withdrew the drug gradually or stopped all of a sudden. I would suggest you to discuss this issue also with your treating doctor.

Blank
Thank you Dr Noopur for getting back to me. I withdrew the medication very slowly and carefully with the last dose ending 4 months ago. My doctor denies these side effects are from the medication but I never had these things happen before. I have always been in great shape, an outstanding student, and hard working in my career until this medication.  If I continue to take the best care I can of myself do you think its possible to overcome these side effects.
Blank
To day I saw the doctor who perscribed me the remeron and she denied that it has long term side effects that last several months after discontinuing the medication. She said the simptoms I'm having must be from something else.  Is it posible that the side effects from remeron are permanent in some people?
Blank
Hi,

If you withdrew it very gradually then the likelihood of adverse events due to Remeron withdrawal are very less. Also the side effects of Remeron withdrawal are not permanent.
It is difficult to comment further without a good clinical exam to rule out other neurological causes. I would suggest you to get a neurological exam done.

Blank
Thank you Doctor very much for writting to me about my condition.  You have given me hope that I will recover as this is a very scary experience that I'm going through. Monday morning I will call a doctor who can perform a full physical exam and give me a referal to a neurologist.
Blank
Lala, did your symptoms eventually go away? I'm experiencing the same thing. My leg muscles are twitching and giving out since being on remeron, and I'm really scared. I saw a neurologist and I have a bunch of tests scheduled.
Blank
I am so glad reading this. I am having the same issues w remeron. I think it may have to do w the tetracycline meds because I also took amitriptyline a couple of years ago and had the exact same thing happen. Except wayyyy worse. There was a period of 10 days that I don't remember at all. It was horrible. So, yes those side effects are very very real. When it comes to your body you know it better than anyone or any doc. A lot of docs prescribe it off label so it's hard to keep track of. Also after doing tons of research a lot of patients don't report their bad side effects so there is not much good info about it!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank