Losing hand muscles and movement
My question is regarding a medical problem my husband is experiencing. About 6-7 years ago, he started feeling numbness and decreased strength in his left hand. Over the years the problem has became worse. He started losing muscle mass and strength in his hand and forearm as well as dropping things. His hand is now flat and his fingers are curled up in the palm of his hand. He cannot straighten the fingers out much at all and has lost most of the feeling in his left hand. He has little to no use at all in this hand. The nerves in his lower arm and hand twitch sometimes, similar to a muscle spasm. He is only 32 years old and works in the construction industry, where both hands are needed. He is now starting to experience job refusals because he cannot pass the physical due to hand strength. To make matters worse, his right hand is starting to do the exact same thing. We have been to a few local doctors, who seem stumped. Everyone thinks he has had his hand crushed.
Some other thing to include are he had a back injury about 10 years ago. He had a MRI once and had some damaged discs in his back.  Also he experiences symptoms at night similar to restless leg syndrome, but only when he starts falling asleep. His right hand is just beginning to show signs of this. When at rest, his right hand twitches like a muscle spasm. The pinky finger and ring finger are beginning to curl up. This is what happened with the left hand, then it moved onto the rest of the fingers ending with the thumb.
He can not extend his left fingers at all or grip anything small. He still has little feeling in the left hand, but not very much. He does have twitches in this hand also. I have researched endlessly and cannot find much that match his symptoms. I have researched ALS and other motor neuron diseases, but nothing matches his condition except the wasting of the hands. Other than the problems I have described, he is in good health.
My question is have you ever heard of any thing like this or do you have any ideas to what this could be?   We are tired of wondering and watching his hands slowly waste away. We just want any suggestions?  Thank-you  
Hello. I would suggest having another MRI done of his spine and brain.  Good luck