Neurology Community
Loss of sensation in foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Loss of sensation in foot

I have no sensation in my left foot.  It drags at times and when they do the Neurology tests - there is no reflex reaction.

I have numerous neurological problems - lots of tests but no results.  So, I'm trying to figure out one thing at a time.
Hello.

Loss of reflex and sensations point towards a nerve damage from or below the spinal cord level. A nerve conduction study will be helpful to find out which nerve is damaged.

But it will be difficult to arrive at a diagnosis only on the basis of an isolated symptoms.

Regards
Thank you for your comment.  I have a variety of problems ranging from cognitive (word finding, stuttering, repeating words, forgetting simple and complex tasks, forgetting address/phone number), dizzyness (vertigo), loss of strength in hands, fatigue, difficulty getting blood samples and a host of other symptoms.  I've had MRI, EEG, ENG, Cat with contrast, lumbar puncture, blood tests and others.  So far, the only thing that came back was a malformed vein in the front right side of my brain, non-specific white matter - everything else normal.  I have low back pain on the left side of my hip - ongoing for over 10 years - they keep insisting that the foot problem is not related to this.

I'm at a loss of where else to turn to get answers to my problem. Any other insight would be appreciated.
I have a complete left hip replacement, done back in July 28 2004 now my hip is back to the same percentage it was before replacement. and now I have numbness in half of my foot which is a real problem and my hip whats left of it hurts worst now then before it was replace.  I told my doctor about it but she seemed very unconcerned. what do you think I should do, I am very lost.