Neurology Community
Lost feeling in both feet in the heat and lost balance

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I think this is caused by my peripheral neuropathy, but I thought it was improving.  I went to a fair this weekend where the pavement was very hot and the sun was beating down on the tops of my feet (flip flops) and was very hot.  The heat makes my neuropathy symptoms worse, so my feet were burning like crazy.  I suddenly felt like I couldn't hold my balance.  My legs were weak and wobbling to and fro.  I got concerned and took a seat in the shade.  I felt exhausted and I couldn't walk anymore, only to make it to the car.  I couldn't drive either.  The next morning, my calf cramped up and was very painful, then the next two days my calves were extremely sore.  Do you think the soreness was from my calves doing all the work to keep me balanced?  If you can't feel your feet, then you lose your balance, so is that where my neuropathy is coming in?  I have done the same thing this summer with no problem?? I'm too young, at 33 yo, to be riding a scooter, yikes.  
Avatar dr m tn
The symptoms of numbness and loss of sensation getting aggravated by heat suggest of Multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis is a progressive demyelinating disease of the nerves. Do you have other symptoms like muscle weakness, dizziness, numbness and tingling all over the body? Please go for an MRI of the brain and spine and consult a neurologist to rule out the disease. A series of MRI and lumbar puncture may be advised to rule out the disease. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!