Low Back Pain and Tremors
My father is 57 years old and suffers from chronic lower back pain and tremors. The more pain he is in, the more he will shake. He has had the tremors for about 3 years. His back pain is getting worse, so his tremors are out of control. He has tremors in his trunk, but the past month they have moved to his right hand and leg. He has a morphine pain pump and neurostimulator implanted. He also takes valium 3 times per day. We have been to about 10 different neurologists and neurosurgeons. Now we are only seeing a pain mgmt doctor. Anyone ever heard of these symptoms?
Are the tremors of the whole limb or are they ore like fluttering twitching muscles? These fasciculations are common with nerve damage.
If he's seen a neurologits I assume he has been tested for Parkinsons disease.
Yes, he has been tested for every disease you think of, and they are all negative. He has trunkal tremors, but his arm is starting to shake as well. He has been diagnosed with pain tremors. It is unheard of at this point. We just don't know how to control his pain. What comes after a pain pump and stimulator?