Low back pain-Instability/fracture/hypermobility
I really hope you can help me.  I was hospitalized for 4 days, where they found an L5 fracture (believed to be a "chronic facture"-stated it had been there for awhile.  However, when I had an MRI it was normal.  I am now in physical therapy for the second time.  My doctor and physical therapist talk about instability and hypermobility.  They have stated that this could lead to a fusion, as I have now been dealing with this for about 5 months.  Do I really need surgery?  If I had a fracture, wouldn't it have shown up on an MRI?  If it is "chronic" -why is just now bothering me?  Lastly, is there some other type of testing I should have done?  I feel like my doctor doesn't have a really clear picture of what is going on.  I apoligize for all the questions, I am just so frustrated!  Thank you for your time.
Please look into proltherapy before doign surgery. It is a tremendous help to my lax ligaments.