Lower lip numbness
Had an slow onset (8+hrs) of numbness around my left-side lip about half way around (not to the center). Felt like novocaine but not completely numb. Has subsided after 36 hours but still feel it a little bit on the bottom lip. No pain.

After the onset, went to emergency, gave me tests for stroke (although no other real symptoms), and a Cat Scan. All clear. Referred me for an appt. to the Stroke Clinic to rule out a TIA.

Reviewed this forum and discovered zoster sine herpete. Not sure if it is this or not. No scabs or lesions but it has been only 48hrs since it started.

Any ideas?
Hi, herpes is related with numbness and pain along with vesicles formation. It happens along a nerve root. Before the blisters erupt, the soon-to-be-infected skin may itch or become very sensitive. In case, blisters don’t appear in a week time, it is unlikely to be herpes.

Other causes are low calcium levels, hypoparathyroidism, tetany, raynaud’s phenomenon etc.