Neurology Community
Lower lip twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lower lip twitching

I have had twitches in my lower right lip or chin for 2 weeks now. I am taking pills for bacteria in the mouth since April, had radiation therapy on the right side of my neck 12 years ago, tooth extract in February and had oxygen therapy (inside a "submarine") for 30 days last spring. Jawbone dead and gums will not heal. Could this have anything to do with the twitching?
Tags: twitching
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You have mentioned that your jaw bone is diseased. What was the cause? Muscle twitching on the face could be related to nerve and muscle  damage because of the same reason as the jaw bone damage. Please go for nerve conduction studies and EMG to know the status of muscles and nerves of the face and mouth. Please consult an oral surgeon and neurologist  for the diagnosis and management. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

Thank you very much. I had several cancerous lumps in the neck and shoulder and subsequently, following operation, I had a radiation therapy which left parts of my face, neck and shoulder "dead" (skin and obviously jawbone, according to the specialist).