Neurology Community
Lumbar Hemangiomas

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lumbar Hemangiomas

I just received a vague report back from an MRI of my lumbar spine and pelvis.

We were investigating pain in the lumbar spine and right hip that is a result of an accident that occurred in January.  There was concern about a possible disc shear causing the pain.  I sprained the lumbar ligaments and have done extensive physiotherapy (including aquatherapy) and chiropractic, but the pain in these areas is not abating as is should.

The report states that there are two well defined hemangiomas and there was a note of degenerative changes at L5/S1 level.  

Some interpretations say that the hemangiomas do not normally cause pain, and others say that they can cause pain and also bladder incontinence, which I have also experienced since the accident.  My G.P. initially thought it was post-accident stress related.

Any information that could help determine what is causing the pain?

Can the hemangiomas cause any nerve issues that could affect the brain, moods, emotions...?

Has the accident potentially aggravated pre-existing hemangiomas, or created them?

Blessings,
Rani

This discussion is related to Lumbar vertebral hemangioma, et. al..