Lumbar Spine Results- Can I continue running?
Results: There is a mild loss of the lumbar with preservation of vertebral body height. There is posterior intra-distal calcification at the L3/4 level. No spondylolisthesis. No pars defects on the oblique views. Mils disc space narrowing at L4/5 and L5/S1 with end plate sclerosis. There is facet joint spurring at the L5/S1 level. The psoas shadows and SI joints are symmetrical.

I love road running and regularly enter half marathons but was told to scale down to 10km races.
Your response will be appreciated.
Hi there!

The report described mild-moderate degenerative change in the spine. In the absence of sever symptoms, though physiotherapy to strengthen the back muscles would be helpful, excessive stress on the spine like in a marathon should be avoided to prevent aggravation of the condition. Scaling down to 10 km would be a good idea in the situation.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!