Neurology Community
Lump, and pressure feeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lump, and pressure feeling

Alright so I’ve had this small lump on the back of my head for quite sometime. It doesn’t really hurt much but I’m worried it might be something serious. I sometimes can’t feel the lump but when I lay my head against a hard service I can feel it.  I’ve been recently getting headaches too.  I’m not sure what it might be, I feel like I have pressure all over. Along side with that I feel pressure in my neck which runs all the way up the back side of my head. It’s not much of a pain just the feeling.  When I do wake up in the morning I feel better, but at night sometimes my head hurts. I must say I was in a car accident about three years ago. And I did not wear my neck brace much.
Is the lump hard or soft? Is it fixed or can it be moved a bit? How big is the lump and is it getting bigger as time goes on? It is possible that the lump may be a lipoma or a cyst, but nothing can be ruled out at this point as no diagnostic procedures have been conducted. You should have this checked out by your physician.

The headache may or may not be related to the injury from the car accident you suffered three years ago.  A cervical spondylosis also cannot be ruled out at this time.  You should consult a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon to assess your pain.
The lump is some what soft, not really hard, and i really cant move it but its been there for i must say about three weeks or so. The size is about half my thumb. It does hurt at times to.
If it is a lipoma should i be worried?
As for the headache it runs from my neck then to my head.
it really isnt a pain i cant bare but it feels abnormal and uneasy.

thank you for the response.
A lipoma is in basic terms a "fat tumor".  It is benign and easily removed by minor surgery. However, the diagnosis in your case can only be made when you visit your physician.

The pain in your head and neck can be just fatigue or stress, or it can be a symptom of an underlying condition.  If you are really bothered by it, you should consult your doctor.
alright sounds good then
thank you for you adivce.
its better to get it checked then just let time check it self.