Neurology Community
Lump On Back Right Side Of Head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lump On Back Right Side Of Head?

Hi I just noticed a small hard lump about three inches from the hairline on my neck and about three inches from my right ear. The lump does not move and is very painful to touch and sometimes causes headaches. I have only had it for about two days and haven't seen a change in size. I am in the middle of applying to a new health clinic so haven't been able to make an appt. The pain hasn't been so bad to go to the emergency room. Most of the pain is in the same area. I haven't hit my head on anything either. If anyone could help that would be great thanks!
Avatar dr m tn
It may be an inflammed lymph node. antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs will help you. Take an appointment near a Physician and go for the treatment. take care!