Lump by tailbone
I found a lump a few days ago about an inch from my tailbone. It feels hard but I can move it around a little. I do have a indent and the lump is located right in this indent. It doesnt hurt to touch. But I have had alot of lower back pain and numbness down my right leg and across to my hips for about a year. I am about 60 pounds overweight, but I have lost about 25 pounds. I dont know if this lump was there before the weight loss. I did have a high dysplasia colon polyp removed about three weeks ago. I dont know if that would have anything to do with this. If anyone can give me some insight to this problem would be appreciated. thank you
Hi there.

I understand your concern.  The polyp removed 3 weeks ago may be the least of your concern since this is unlikely to regrow and cause symptoms in that short time.  A possibility may be an unnoticed coccygeal fracture (a part of the bony tip of the tail bone) that may be recent or remote, that resulted in this lump.  This can also be benign conditions such as lipomas which are collections of fatty tissues.  I suggest you have this looked at by your doctor as there can be several possibilities.  Regards and God bless.
thank you for your response. I went to the doctors this morning and he said it was part of my tailbone. I dont think it is because i can move it around. He did an x-ray and it obviously showed a tumor or a cyst. I dont know what to think about his opinion. On the x-ray it showed a round tumor like thing right by the bone. I had never injured my tailbone before. Should I get a second opinion or would it actually be part of my tailbone? Thank you