Neurology Community
Lump in my throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Lump in my throat

On Friday eveniing I found a lump in my throat. It's not swollen glands as I've had those loads of times and it is more to the side than that. It is about the size of a 50p and longer than one. It hurts sometimes and I can feel it when I swallow. I went to the doctor today and she wants me to go back tomorrow for some blood tests to see what my white blood cells are doing. Has anyone else had anything like this and can anyone tell me what they are looking for in the blood tests they want to take? Any help would be much appreciated.
They'll be checking for infections, cancer ( Lymphoma), and Thyroid problems.

It could just be what the chiropractor/massage therapist calls a "knot", a tightening of the muscles, etc.

It could also be a fatty deposit.
You really won't know until the blood test results come in.