Neurology Expert Forum
Lump on head, no injury, should I wait two weeks for further tests?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have a lump on the occipital region of my head. My general practicioner took blood to check for epstein barr or toxoplasmosis and other glandular problems but he doesn't think that is what it is. He says he thinks it is okay to wait two weeks to come back and further discuss what else it can be. I am concerned because the lump has been there for 2 weeks already, and has not gotten any smaller and I have chronic neck problems that stem from that same area, as well as chronic sinus/vertigo/nauseau problems? I am concerned about what this lump is, and if it isn't glandular, isn't it probably something I should get looked at right away??
Any advice or opinions would mean so much to me. Thanks.
This is outside my area of expertise, I would recommend that you ask  the dermatology or family practice forum. From a neurologic perspective, I wonder if this could be a muscle spasm. Otherwise, without seeing what it looks like, I can not speculate. If you are concerned about waiting two weeks, call your primary back and ask to be evaluated sooner. Good luck.
I have some of the same symptoms.  The lower left side of the back of my skull is swollen and feels like I hit it on something.  My neck and shoulder are achy and kind of stiff.  I felt nauseated two days ago.  I also have suffered from a headache that I have been able to relieve with Ibuprofen (800mg). I have had a few spider bites lately, since the CA fires.  All of nature seems to have arrived in my house. I've grown up around rural areas all my life though so I can't imagine that would be a cause.  Any suggestions?
now my right eyelid (same side as the lump) is droopy.  I am nervous. I can't get in to see the doctor until monday and then am away for a week long business trip.  I hope this isn't too long to be waiting.
if you have a droopy eye lid , i would call your dr and let the office know and maybe they can squeeze you in today........a droopy eye lid needs to be checked out....it could be due to a number of things,,,,sinus infection being one or a muscular problem....i think waiting till next week is not a good idea...if you cant see you, go to the er    good luck
I meant to say, if the doctor cant see you today, you should go to the er
A related discussion, lump on head and neckpain,headache was started.
A related discussion, Lump on head was started.