Neurology Community
Lumps on head/neck, new ridge on head and earache and shoulder pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lumps on head/neck, new ridge on head and earache and shoulder pain

Hi, for a few months now I have had a large walnut sized lump on the back centre of my head/ neck where the two join, right at the top of the neck groove. (hope this makes sense). I feel pain and pressure radiating from this lump in my neck, ear, shoulder and eye all on the right hand side. This pain is steadily getting worse and I have had a couple of occasions where I have fainted. I have in the last two days discovered another lump on the top of my head roughly where my crown is which is quite sore. The first lump doesn't hurt any more than normal when pressed, but on examination my doctor pressed something that made a pain shoot up my head and down my neck. The lump becomes very visible when i bend my head forward but can still be seen with my head upright. It is roughly round and reasonably firm. Immediately above the lump I have developed a ridge right across where the head meets the neck, I did not have this ridge before the lump. I am a 38 year old mother of 7. I have had dizzy spells for 2-3 years, (may be totally unconnected) and had an MRI scan done 2 years ago,  which I was told was ok there were just 2 small white spots showing, but the neurologist thought them nothing particular. I have been referred this time to an orthopaedic doctor, but have a 3 month wait to see them. I am very worried, my brother died of a brain tumour and that is all I can think about. I have already waited 2 months to get this referral and another 3 months seems like a lifetime. Please could you make any suggestions. thanks