Neurology Community
Lyme disease
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lyme disease

I was reading a post in correspondence to my wife's question on medhelp suggesting Lyme disease.

My wife has neuro and cardio symptoms which have been worsening.  

However, 2 yrs ago I do remember that she was having CFS symptoms and the GP at the time suggested it was CFS.  However, her new GP refuses to believe that.

Today she has been diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia and RBBB (Right Bundle Branch Block), she has experienced pain, fatigue, a swollen lymph gland on her neck which has been there for 2 yrs also, a swelling in her throat and a swollen tonsil, without pain, itchy skin, dry skin, tiny itchy blisters on her skin, petechiae.

All of this happened after she caught mumps!  But I DO remember a few days before her mumps symptoms, she has these bites on her leg.  Big ones, one with a bruise around it.  They appeared when she took a bath.  They were very itchy.

Her blood work has been fine apart from elevated RDW (Red Cell Width) at one point her calcium was up but then two further tests showed it to be well within normal range again.  

She was well until 2 yrs ago.  We are in the UK and do not live near the countryside, however, she loves cats and has often stopped to pet a cat in the street, I wondered if she could get a tick bite from a cat?

She's terrified that she might have a tumor because her neuro symptoms are worsening for her, but she does have severe anxiety too.