METABOLISM
I am a male 56 years old and I have had so many illnesses which includes heart disease, hypertension, transient ischemic attacks, arthritis to include others which I got when I reach the age of 40.  I am aware that this is the case also for others

In most materials I got, it all boils down that at certain age, the metabolism of people slows down resulting to getting heavier weight and also having several sickness.

May I ask if there is available drug now which would increase the metabolism of a person or is there any drug company who are now making a research on this.  It might be a single kind of medicine that may cure many diseases.

Thanks and regards
How are you? Metabolism does slow down with age. Many products are sold to increase metabolism but there is no proof they work. There are drugs( adrenaline or caffeine) that increase muscle metabolism but the adverse effects prohibit their use. Changing diet and  workout are the two best ways to increase metabolism. Metabolism boosters like green tea, caffeine, and hot peppers has been shown to elevate metabolism by just a small amount. Fish oil has been found to increases levels of fat-burning enzymes and decreases levels of fat-storage enzymes in your body. And it has been said that regular periods of movement triggers metabolism into gear.

I hope this helps. Take care and regards.