MODERATE HEAD INJURY LOSS OF SMELL AND TASTE
I had a moderate head injury 2yrs ago and lost my taste and smell for a little while then  got most of it back my question is if i take a eeg will the brain waves be ok since i can smell and taste again i can smell and taste everything but some things are a little off.
Hi, Thank you very much for your question. After head injury such kind of symptoms like loss of smell or taste and other symptoms may be common due to extent of damaged part of brain and may remain symptomatic or progress in future. Although any sure success cure can not be assured in such cases, but symptomatic relief or it may decrease with period of time, physiotherapy, avoiding any triggering factors and life style modification help you in certain extent. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist who will evaluate the further prognosis here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this helps.