MRI - Interpretation in layman terms
I went to the Dr recently because I have had numbness in a few of my toes and thumbs every so often over the last 6 months. They took some blood test and asked me to go get an MRI. I found out the blood tests came back ok except that I had a low white cell count. The MRI Revealed the following:

Findings: The Ventricles are not enlarged nor displaced. There is a solitary 5mm focus of increased T2 and flair signal in the left Thalamus. No other focal structure brain abnormality is seen. No abnormal diffusion, abnormal enhancement, mass, significant Extraaxial collection, major vascular territory infarction, hemorrage, diffussion perfusion mismatch or other finding.

Impression:
Solitary 5mm focus of increased T2 Signal intensity without associated enhancement or restricted diffusion left thalamus. Findings suggest a lacunar infarct. Otherwise normal MRI of the brain without and with Gadolinium.

Needless to say they told us it appears it is not cancer and likely not MS, although they are not sure. They are sending us to a neurologist for more test but this may take a while. In the mean time we are very anxious and dont really know what all this means. Your interpretation and thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards.