MRI Lumbar Spine Results
Can you translate??
My husband had an MRI done and received results yesterday without a translation of it. It says the following.
"L3-4:  Minimal posterior subluxation of L3 and nominal disc bulge produce mild impression on the left greater than the right crossing L4 nerve roots. The central canal is patent. There is borderline narrowing of the lateral left neural foramen.
L4-5:  Mild disc space narrowing, disc desiccation and posterior subluxation of L4 by 4mm. A broad-based central and left foraminal disc protrusion with left foraminal annular tear measures 6 mm in AP dimensions. It produces slight posterior thecal sac displacement and borderline narrowing of the AP diameter of the central canal. It produces minimal impression on both crossing L5 nerve roots. The left neural foramen is moderately narrowed. The right foramen is patent."
Can you help me understand this??
Hi.

What are your husband's symptoms which led to an MRI to be done? Back pain? Leg pain? Tingling sensations on the lower extremities?

The MRI findings reveal mild subluxation (misalignment/dislocation) of lumbar vertebrae at the L3 and L4 level with possible compression of some nerve roots. The findings have to be correlated with your husband's symptoms to see if any association exists between them.

Hope this helps.
Findings: Spondylitic endplate marrow changes are present at L5 - S1
and lessoer extent L4 - L-5. The conus termintes in  a normal manner.

L4 - L5: Disc desiccation. Prominet diffuse disc bulging with narrowing of the neural foramina bilaterally. The ligamentum flavum is somewhat prominent at this level causing some compromise of the AP and transverse dimensions of the canal.

L5-S1: Narrowing of the disc space. Disc dessiccation. Left paracentral disc herniation extending posteriorly approximately 4mm and identing the thecal sacand displacing the exiting nerve root on the left. There is some narrowing of the neural foramina bilaterally.    Degeneraton changes in the discs L4-L5 nad L5-S1.

This MRI was done 4 years now I suffer from  lower pain in the buttox.
Thanks for your help!
what does lumbar nerve displacement mean? MRI shows L4 through L8 nerves displaced?  I cannot find any definitive answer as to what that means?
Correction, L4 through S1