I am a female in my mid-forties who has been suffering severe right-sided facial pain and light sensitivity, constant right-sided head pressure with periods of intense pain, numbness/tingling of head/scalp, right arm/hand/finger neuropathy, severe neck pain, right leg pain and difficulty walking on right foot/leg.
I have Sjogren's Syndrome, Hasimoto's Thyroiditis and Osteoarthritis/Degenerative Disc Disease at all levels. I have undergone cervical spinal surgery (laminectomy/foramenoty) in '08 to decompress C5-6-7 nerves. Recent blood work shows high autoimmune disease activity (SSB++, ANA 1:640). My rheumatologist is concerned about extraglanduluar CNS autoimmune Sjogren's/vasculitis, and we have been evaluating treating with immunosuppressants.
Over the last few months, the symptoms have been increasing and are unbearable. The recent MRI of the C-Spine reveals severe DDD and mild stenosis.
I need help deciphering my MRI/MRA Brain results (I see my Neurosurgeon next week). Results show the following:
1. Incomplete circle of Willis, with probable congenital absence of the left posterior communicate artery. Very hypoplastic right posterior communicating artery is believed to be present. Otherwise unremarkable circle of Willis.
1. Bilateral maxillary sinus chronic disease with a retention cyst on the right side measuring 12.7 mm widest diameter.
2. Normal alignment is noted at both temporomandibular joints, however mild arthritic changes are believed to be present on the left.
3. No intracranial abnormalities are identified.
4. No abnormalities are identified within the expected distributions of cranial nerve V.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.