Neurology Community
MRI/MRA/MRV Results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI/MRA/MRV Results

I am a 49 year old female with intracranial hypertension for which I have a Medtronic Programmable Strata Valve shunt with bilateral tubing.  Lately I have been experiencing severe headaches and dizziness with some visual disturbances that I normally don't experience.  I had a MRI/MRV/MRA done on 4/2/08.  Tests show "The left transverse sinus is hypoplastic with a dominant right transverse sinus and large right jugular vein while the left jubular vein is relatively small.  The superior sagittal sinus shows a small segment of nonfilling in its distal portion above the torcular.  There is no evidence of collateral formation.  It is difficult to determine if it is artifactual or related to a real stenosis in the posterior superior sagittal sinus.  The remainder of the MR venogram is of normal appearance."  I have not had any of this explained to me and will not be seeing a doctor for about another 3 mos.  I will not be returning to the doctor that ordered this test as he has no knowledge of the type shunt I have and therefore, I chose to get a neurosurgeon that worked specifically with my shunt type.  I would like to know what this means.  Sometimes it drives you crazy not to know what is implied BEFORE you can get an appt.  3 mos. is a long time to wait.  Can anybody give me any answers?