MRI/MRV
Hi everyone, I am a fairly health 21 year old female who has never suffered any health problems before. A few months ago I started experiencing headaches and as they didn't go away I went to the doctor and eventually had an MRI/MRV scan done, this was without contrast. I was since diagnosed with a clot in one of the veins, however since then the headaches became far worse and I got really scared. Then, last week, they stopped and have not come back, and when I was sent for a blood test to sort the clot out I was told that no clotting was showing in my blood. So, either the clot disappeared of its own accord, which is possible, or the scan was not done properly/read wrong. I am wondering if the scan I had done would definitley show something like an aneurysm as I am terrified I have one? Basically would the scan show up anything nasty or do I need to still be worried? Thanks for any help! xx
hi zigs,
don't think about aneurysm as MRI will reveal it easily. So no chance in missing that.
The clot must have gone of it's own. And keep the stress level low also as headache is a very good friend of stress.

So chill out.
regards
Hmmm ok thanks for your advice! The headaches have come back recently which is worrying me but I will hopefully be speaking to my doctor this week so I can ask him then. Thanks! xx
I'm fourteen and insanely scared for my MRV coming up. When I got the MRI done they totally missed my vain for the dye and I was just wondering if dye is involved with the MRV. And if it is, is it going to hurt again? :(