Neurology Community
MRI Report - HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI Report - HELP

6 weeks ago I was working out (weight lifting shoulder exercice) and I felt a pain in the back of my neck (left side, behind the shoulder). After that i realized my left thumb, index and middle fingers went numb. 6 weeks later, the thumb and middle fingers are OK, but the tip of the index is still tingling. I went to a doctor and he told me to get an MRI. So I did. But I CANT UNDERSTAND THE RESULTS, and my doctor is too busy to look at them now! Can someone please tell me whats wrong with me ?! Here is the copy of the MRI report (p.s. The pain in my neck went away. But now I notice that when I bend my head to the left, I hear a cracking nose that seems to be bone moving against bone. I dont know if the noise was present before, because it is very low - I can olny hear the noise if Im in perfect silence).Just another information: Ive notice that for the past 1 or 2 years (Im not really sure), when I close my eyes and start to fall asleep, I have muscle spams. My muscleS contract and I move in a involuntary way. Its not something too strong, but it happens everynight before I fall asleep. I dont know if this has something to do with the numbenss in my index finger.

STYDY: 72141 CERVICAL SP WO

MRI CERVICAL SPINE

HISTORY: NECK PAIN

TECHNIQUE: MRI of the spine was perfomed in the sagittal and axial planes utilizing T1-, T2, and gradient-echo imaging sequences.

FINDINGS: The bony structures demonstrates homogeneous signal intensity. There is no fracture or subluxation. There is mild narrowing of the C6-7 disc space and loss of signal from the disc secondary to degeneration.

Images obtained at C2-3 disc space demonstrate no evidence for disc protrusion, narrowing of the spinal canal or neural foramina.

Images obtained at C3-4 disc space demonstrate no evidence for disc protrusion, narrowing of the spinal or neural foramina.

Images obtained at C4-5 disc demonstrate minimal bulging disc but no evidence ofr disc protrusion, narrowing of the spinal or neural foramina.

Images obtained at C5-6 disc space demonstrate minimal bulging disc but no evidence ofr disc protrusion, significant narrowing of the spinal or cord compression. The neural foramina are normal in caliber.

Images obtained at C6-7 disc space demonstrate mild diffuse bulging of the disc but no evidence for disc protrusion, significant narrowing of the spinal or neural foramina.

Images obtained at C7-T1 disc space demonstrate no evidence for disc protrusion, narrowing of the spinal or neural foramina.

The spinal cord in general is normal in size and has homogeneous signal intensity.

IMPRESSION: Mild bulging of the disc at C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7. No focal disc protrusion or significant narrowing of the spinal canal or neural foramina