Neurology Community
MRI Results - Hole in the brain.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI Results - Hole in the brain.

Hi about two months ago i had about 22 siezures in the space of about an hour and was rushed to intensive care where i stayed overnight and to the next evening - while i was asleep they performed a CT scan and found nothing wrong i was later dicharged but followed it up by having an EEg and MRI scan, at the moment i live out in germany with the army and have now recieved my MRI results back! The german doctor told me i have an asymetric brain and a hole in the front left temple lobe she also told me that there are three triggers that cause me to have another siezure: stress, over-consumption of alcohol and lack of sleep.  Is this dangerous and what should i do? as i'm worried about what might happen to me in the future!
matt
Avatar n tn
Hi Matt,

I wish I could give you more information about what your MRI results mean.  Have you thought about consulting an American neurologist?  I would.  

Have they given you any kind of medication to prevent future seizures? I'm assuming that the cause of your seizures has to do with what is physiologically wrong with your brain. Avoiding certain things doesn't seem like a logical way to treat this, although I am not a physician.  It is true that stress, over-consumption of alcohol and lack of sleep can trigger seizures.  However, let's be realistic.  Being in the army, ensuring that you have adequate sleep isn't always possible, I sure.  Stress is sometimes unavoidable and we all like to have a few drinks once in awhile.  

I would definitely consult another doc-one who will thoroughly explain what your MRI means and discuss your treatment options!!!  I am currently being treated for seizures myself and the medication I've been on so far has been helpful.

Hope this helps,

Kat

Avatar n tn
My name is Paula .. i have been having double vision for about 1 mth. i went to the doctors on Jan1,09 to the ER they did a CTscan.. the ER doctor told me that i have  a hole deep in the brain!! i am very scared.. they dont know why.. where do i go to get help/ what do i do ??? HELP ME PLEASE...

Paula O
An MRI shows White Matter Disease and holes in the brain.  What can I expect in the future ?