Neurology Community
MRI Results.. Help me to understand PLEASE

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Okay here goes:
Straightening of the normal lordosis of the lumbar spine allignment otherwise normal.  Marrow signal intesity is normal.. discs are normal height and signal intensity without significant disc bulge or herniation. Conus terminates at L1-2 and apperars normal Visualized paraspinal soft tissues are unremarkable...
Lumbar muscle spasm otherwise normal MRI of the lumbar spine. No evidence for significant disc herniation or nerve root compression
You have nothing but good news.

The reports states that the normal inward (forward) curve at the small of the back is straightened as if from muscle spasm.  Did you have the MRI because of low back pain?

Everything else about the film is normal.  The spinal cord looks good, the joints between the vertebrae look good and there is no evidence of a pinched nerve or disc problem to be causing pain.

There is no sign of infection or tumor or anything else wrong in the areas around the spine.

Could you have just strained your back?

Quix
back in April I had major pain in my lower back and buttocks.. pain was insane for 2 weeks then lightened up.. I've had physical therapy for 5 weeks and just had the MRI .. I still don't know what I've done to my back.
But seriously this has been going on for 45 days now should I really still be in this much pain and this stiff
Well, here you are out of my knowledge area.  Certainly severe pain can occur where nothing shows up on imaging tests.  Your pain is in both buttocks?
Do you have pain in your tailbone?  Is there any chance this is pelvic pain referring to the back?  A gyne exam with a rectal palpation would rule this out.

Quix
Pain yes to the tail bone..
Pelvic pain transfering to the back and causing the lumbar spasm.. good question.. I guess that's possible.. my hips keep misalligning.. I was told that's because of tightening of the muscles in my legs.. I am so at a loss over this.
My pain thankfully is not as bad as it was when this all started but still daily living with the pain that radiates from my lower back, buttocks and what I think is from my hip area is driving me crazy. I'm seriously irked with my dr's office for sending me to Physical Therapy for a disk problem for 5 weeks and then finding out via an MRI that I don't have a disk problem what so every!!!!!!!! They even changed the time date and location of the mri because they said it was too costly.. Heck they didn't shell out the 200 bucks it cost me for the 5 weeks. Personally I think Dr's should stop GUESSING and actually find out before they send you to PT!
Okay.. went to the Dr's .. and just like you said the MRI was clear.. However the Dr looked me right in the face and said " I have no idea what is wrong with you" So she is sending me to a spine speciallist only problem is the place is booked solid and I get to wait til June 19th in hopes that they can tell me what the heck is wrong. I'm to get my MRI images from the MRI center and all the paper work on what has been going on with my back and what previously has been done.
Granted I'm still thankful that I'm not in major pain anymore how ever the pain still is there. I just wish I knew what is causing the pain.