MRI Scan report
Can you help me to understand my MRI scan report please:
Examination done: BRAIN MRI w/o contours.
MRI Scan of the IAMs
There is no evidence of cerebellopontine angle cistern masses.  No mass lesion is detected in the internal auditory canals. The cisternal and canalicular portions of the VII and VIII cranial nerves show no abnormalities. The cochlear and vestibular membranous labyrinths are of normal appearance.  The ventricle and sulci are normal. There are a few foci of high signal intensity, mainly in the subcortical white matter of the cerebral hemispheres, that are probably or ischaemic origin.
CONCLUSION: IAM's within normal limits. A few foci of high signal intensity in the cerebral white matter, probably of ischaemic origin. There is slight marginal mucosal thickening in the left sphenoid sinus. No evidence of CPA lesion.
Hello.

The MRI report is almost clear. The focus of the MRI sees to be the Cerebellopontine angle. The few spots / lesions in the white matter are probably normal or clinically insignificant.

Do you have any imbalance or other symptoms ?

Regards
Thank you. Yes I do have other symptoms - the MRI scan was done via ENT consultant - due to the following symptoms:
Tinnitus for 18 months which is now constant, feeling of fullness in right ear, right ear pain, intermittent sharp pain in head usually worse on the right, persistent headaches and feeling of heaviness associated with pain on top of head on right side.  I had one episode of imbalance and I have had balance tests done which were negative. My hearing  is fine.
Hello.

Was any infection of the right ear found ? Did the ENT surgeon test for Meniere's Disease ? Meniere's disease is a condition of the inner ear, where in, the inner ear apparatus is filled with fluid and the fluid pressure is high. This produces symptoms of fullness of ear, headache etc.

Regards
Hello

Thanks for your reply. No, no infection of the ears has been found. The ENT Surgeon has not mentioned Meniere's disease. I have a follow up appointment with him in 8 weeks time, so I will ask.

Many thanks for your help & I will let you know the progress!

Kind regards