Neurology Expert Forum
MRI and EEG
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MRI and EEG

Could you explain to me what this part of my MRI report means?

"MRI head without and with gadolinium including axial FLAIR images demonstrates DILATED PERIVASCULAR SPACES IN THE PARIETO-OCCIPITAL REGIONS BILATERALLY."

Also, could you tell me whether these things are expected and normal or not on an EEG report?

from a previous EEG--
"...Photic stimulation elicited a symmetric driving response posteriorly..."

from a recent EEG--
"The background contains some posterior moderate voltage symmetric 10-11 Hz. Alpha activity that attenuates with eye opening. ...Photic stimulation elicited some symmetric posterior driving response.  Despite premedication with chloral hydrate, adequate levels of sleep were not obtained.  Partial sleep was observed and was associated with attenuation of posterior alpha activity and the emergence of generalized background slowing.  Rare vertex waves were identified."

(Report came back "essentially" normal... can you tell me what the slightly 'abnormal' things are and could mean?)

Flashing lights are a real problem to me.