MRI done with Contrast Dye Under Sedation
Hi...I had an MRI done with contrast under sedation yesterday and I am just a little concerned about everything that I am hearing about this dye that they use for this procedure.  I suffer from panic disorder so I take .5 mg of Klonipin twice daily.  I woke up today after trying to recover from the vercid and propheral (or however it is spelled) and feel just awful!  My back is hurting and I feel as though I cannot lift my arms properly!  My chest also feels very heavy. Could this be from the dye that was used in my MRI?  I know that it takes time for the sedatives that they used to leave ones system also.  How long does it take to get the dye and the sedatives out of ones system?  I just started taking the Klonipin on October 14th also, so I am concerned that maybe I am unable to take that.  From what I understand it builds in your body, unlike Xanax that leaves your system in like six hours.  So could I be allergic or extremly sensitive to the Klonipin?  PLEASE HELP!
Also...I am having extreme stomach pain off and on...almost like I need to move my bowels right away and cannot.  Is this from the dye?  I have had the same sedation used on the 14th of October to remove a cyst from my throat and did not feel this way.  The pain comes and goes and actually is waking me up!  I am extremly nauseated also!
I know that feeling u r talking about...not sure if itis the dye, I had the same feeling with barium.....it could be the metals......best wishes for a successful surgery Monday!!

Godspeed
"selma"