MRI report.. if you can.. please share your thoughts..
Hi! I had an MRI done in 2010, which was normal, and one last week.. due to a left sided deficit of my body, as noted by a neurologist who tested me for what seemed like an hour.  Tomorrow i have an EMG test, i had some bloodwork when i was tested by the neuro, but, today i just swung by the radiology place to pick up a copy of the written report of the MRI for my chiropractor.. and well.. i read it.. and now i am kinda scared.. I know that it overall says that .. well here...

IMPRESSION:

Unremarkable brain MRI.  No chnage from previous exam from July 2010.

PROCEDURE:
A combination of FLAIR, T1-, T2 gradient echo and diffusion weighted images of the head were obtained and multiple imagin planes.

FINDINGS:
No acute abnormalities are seen on the diffusion weighted imaging>
The brain is unremarkable in appearance. No masses and no mass like effect. The ventricles are
normal in size and postition.  Posterior  fossa is unremarkable. ( HERE is where I am going.. what????
Incidental tiny develpmental venous anomaly is seen in the left basal ganglia.) Major vessel flow voids are unremarkable.

Ok what in the world does incidental tiny developmental venous anomaly mean?

The reason i am kinda scared is because my mother passed away at 52 from a massive anyeurism.  she was told that she had an "anomylous" vein.  one of my brothers says that it wasnt what she passed from .. it was from a different area.. another says that it was from that anomylous venous structure.  she didnt have an autopsy.  i went online and from what i have read this " anomaly" is not considered dangerous.. i dont know what to think.. all i do know is that i am kinda scared about it.  I have been experiencing many neuro problems.. and when the neuro doctor said that I have left sided deficit, it really scared me.. he told me that i had not become alarmed, and that people who are around me all the time didnt notice it either.. because not only does the brain make up for it sdeficiencies the best way it can.. but that when something occurs over time.. those around you dont notice it so much.  

Has anyone else had this on their MRI report? If my brain is no different than 2010, why was there no mention of this tiny developmental venous anomaly?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to bump.... But can anyone give opinion??
Sorry for the delay in response...flu season.
Incidental tiny developmental venous anomaly is yet another big combination of words describing blood vessels that create an odd pattern.
DVA's are normally found by chance...during an MRI.
Most people show no symptoms at all.
The involved vessels are not abnormally formed, but apparently merely dilated.

Neurosurgeons classify DVAs as benign lesions because they normally do not present with any clinical symptoms during one’s lifespan.

Because they found no blockages, they will assume that your DVA means nothing bad is going to happen.

Hope this helps...if not keep posting more questions...I'm here when I can be. lol
Well i had my EMG, that did not go very well.. everything was pretty normal until he put a needle into my arm, it was like the third one,.. to test the muscle ... all the sudden, my entire left side and especially my face uncontrollably tensed up and i found myself unable to think clearly.  this episode lasted for about 5 minutes, the doctor turned off the light, stopped the procedure, and ordered an EEG.  the left side of my face continued to stay frozen for about an hour after that.  it was very odd.. when it happened, i had no thoughts, it was hard to concentrate on what the doctor was asking me.. ( things like.. what year is it)  it was like in was in no space land, no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. like... time didnt even exist. odd.
the doc said the DVA was of no concern,  but that he would order an MRA for peice of mind due to family HX, and and EEG due to my reaction to the EMG test. kinda scared.. what happened was very strange. i mean.. i have had the left side of my face act funky, but when he did that, i went into some wierd thing. i was paralyazed.. like in a different place. ugh.
Hi again.... Was wondering what your thoughts were on my last post about the emg test