Neurology Community
MRI result

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI result

I had an MRI a couple weeks ago with the following abstract report:
"At the medical state of the nerve occipital lobe there is a focal area of increased FLAIR and T2 signal. It is measured of FLAIR imagining. This area measures 14 mm AP x 15 mm transverse and 1.3 cm craniocaudal. The region involves predominantly the white matter. There is also a vauge area of increased FLAIR signal within the suportical white matter adjacent to the left frontal horn. Margins of this area of the abnormal signals are somewhat indistinct. The white matter appears unremarkable otherwise no evidence of corpus callosal lesion.
There is a focus of abnormal signal at the left occipital lobe and a second less distinct focus at the left frontal lobe. The frontal lobe is quite vague and dificult to define. ..."
I did another MRI couple days ago by injecting contrast.
Since the last MRI i feel a little pain in my left eye and blury vision. My left eyes vision is now like half of my right on.
Can you please tell me what is going on with my brain?
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Your report suggests that there may be white matter changes in brain. There can be many possibilities in your case that involve the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. These include metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, seizures, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Here is the impression of the MRI:
"There is a focus of abnormal signal at the left occipital lobe and a second less distinct focus at the left frontal lobe. The area at the left frontal lobe is quite vague and difficult to define and its significance is uncertain. The left occipital lobe, diagnostic possibilities would include a glioma or an atypical appearing area of demyelination. Further assessment with a gadolinium enhanced sequence is recommended."
I did the 2nd MRI with injection few days ago and haven't received the result yet.
hi albert,
have you had your test results diagnosed yet? I have this same problem.
Hope to hear from you soon