Neurology Community
MRI results: how long before "no news is good news?"

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Yesterday at 3PM, I had a brain MRI for the headaches, coordination/balance issues, lack of appetite, confusion, and memory issues I have been experiencing.

My quick question for the community is this: If the results point to something serious, how soon would I find out? The MRI center told me before I had the test done to wait for my neurologist appt. get my results. However, if it was something serious, wouldn't I find out sooner? And if so, how soon?

It said right on the paperwork from the MRI office not to call them for results. My appointment with the neurologist is not until the 16th of January.

I just want to know how much time should pass before I can assume "no news is good news?"

Please advise.

Thank you!

K.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the test showed results which need immediate attention, they would have contacted you within 24-48hrs. Longstanding chronic lesions, you may get to know at the time of meeting your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you kindly for your reply. My MRI came back normal.