Neurology Community
MRI results... should I brace for bad news?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

In the beginning of December I developed a bad ear infection. A few days later I started getting severely dizzy so my doctor told me to get a CT scan. The CT showed that I had mild mastoiditis and my doctor immediately reffered me to an ENT doctor. The ENT doc put a tube in my left ear and put me through a couple rounds of antibiotics and I saw him again in early January. He checked my hearing and my ear and said that the ear infection was gone but there was still dizziness (though not quite as bad as before) and some hearing loss. He sent me to get an MRI. Now, I got the MRI results (as did he) and he called me earlier today and told me that I needed to get in to see him and that he didn't want to tell me the results over the phone. I looked at my results and they might as well be written in a completely different language to me. I'm wondering if someone out there can give me a realistic answer as to if I should be worried or if I more than likely have nothing to worry about. I've asked friends and family and of course they all say "Oh don't worry, you'll be fine" but I'm the type of person who copes well with rough news, so long as I have a feeling its coming. My MRI results are as follows:
1. Subtle linear focus of abnormal enhancement (6x1mm) within the inferior aspect of the left internal auditory canal is noted on  the coronal T1 postcontrast images. This is not seen on the axial T1 postcontrast images. In addition the seventh and eighth cranial nerves have normal caliber on the high-resolution axial T2 weighted images of the temporal bones. Although findings may reflect artifact, a small schwannoma or nonspecific neuritis could also have this appearance. Consider follow up MRI for further assessment.
2. Small nonspecific foci of T2 prolongation (5mm) within the cerebral white matter are seen. Although these areas are nonspecific they likely reflect small foci of gliosis and/or chronic myelin loss of doubtful clinical significance.

I know no one can give me a diagnosis, thats definately not what I'm looking for. See, I made the mistake of putting some of these words into google and so now I'm wondering if, considering my doctor didn't want to give me the news over the phone, if this could be something really bad. I've also have a history of severe migraines for about 10 years if that is useful information. So please, anyone out there, any words of advice or support would be very very greatly appreciated. Thank you and god bless.