MRI results
I have had back pain on and off for about 12 years, nothing serious until May of this year.  I injured my back May 10, 2010 and finally received an MRI of my lumbar spine in August.  Results:

Findings:
The vertebral body height and alignment is maintained. No areas of suspicious bone marrow signal are noted.

The conus medullar is terminates at L1 level. There is normal appearance of the roots of the cauda equina.

At T12-L1, no disk protrusion or spinal stenosis.

At L1-2, no disk protrusion or spinal stenosis.

At L2-3, no disk protrusion or spinal stenosis.

At L3-4, no disk protrusion or spinal stenosis.

At L4-5 there is minimal disk - osteophyte complex within the left neural foramen, resulting in mild narrowing of the left neural foramen spurring. There is flattening of the ventral aspect of the thecal sac without evidence of central canal stenosis.

At L5-S1, there is posterior central annular tear resulting in focal bulge, disk extending for approximately
4 mm in anteroposterior dimension. There is focal indentation of the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and perhaps minimal crowding of the L5 nerve roots within the lateral recesses. The neural foramen remain patent.

There are no abnormal fluid collections within the spinal canal or suspicious paravertebral  masses.

Impression:
1. At the L5-S1, there is focal central disk bulge resulting in indentation of the thecal sac and perhaps minimal crowding of the lateral recesses.
2. Additional findings as detailed above.  

I don’t understand what most of the results mean. I cannot afford to see a specialist to explain it to me and I was hoping someone here could. In the last five months I have been progressively getting worse. The pain in my back is unbearable most of the time, I have loss of sensation in both legs and just recently I have lost the feeling completely in my right foot and two last toes and the big toe of my left foot. I just want to know what the results mean and if I will get better on my own. Thanks in advance!